Saturday, November 26, 2005

It's Nice To Have Dinner Guests

Once I got up today, I started doing chores on my list of things to do - I wanted my house to be tidy clean for the guests that we had over this evening. I actually accomplished more laundry, put the laundry away, vaccumed all three of our carpeted rooms, dust busted up the cat hair all throughout the house, tidied my office up, cleaned the kitchen stove (which has been on my list of things to do for a while....) but to sit there and scrub the stove with the special cleaner really killed my hand. (I'll be okay)

I sent Jamie out to do groceries, to pick up a few things that we needed for dinner, and he also went to buy a dead bolt for our garage door, since my father and him built a ramp this morning (while I was sleeping) so now we can park in our garage. However, the dead bolt that was on the garage door to the house was useless as we had no key for it, and we weren't going to leave the door unlocked, so we had to replace it. (I love having my car in my garage! This is my first time ever having my own garage spot. When I lived at my parents house, I didn't ever get to park in the garage - just my mother's car got access to the garage.) My car is going to be very nice and cozy this winter.

I did a lot of cleaning today, I'm very impressed with myself. I really set my mind to it - and got stuff accomplished.

Our dinner guests arrived 15 minutes early, and I still hadn't changed yet into my nicer clothes, I was still wearing my track pants and t-shirt that I was cooking in and cleaning in. But they were forgiving and understanding, we gave them a tour of the house, I quickly changed, and voila, ready for the evening to begin.

It was really nice to have Fritz and his girlfriend Karine over. I graduated in photography with Fritz this past May, so I've known him for the past 3 years. He's a really nice guy, photographer and professional chef as well.. and they are super sweet.

During dinner my brother called to ask me if he could pass by that he had something for us. Our cabinet for our tea cups! Finally - it arrived. I can't wait for Jamie to put it together tomorrow, and then I am going to place the tea cups I got in it. I got a set of tea cups from my tennants upstairs and also, from cousins in Brazil.

Well, I'm off for now.

No comments: