Wednesday, December 07, 2005

We Won Something! (Well, He Did!)

This morning I got to class early, and started working effeciently on my project that's due next Wednesday. I have a lot of work to finish on it, and it is coming along, but slowly. I think I made great progress today. Things are coming along smoothly. Anyhow, when Olivier, the kid that no one likes, showed up... instead of taking a chair from another desk, since the desk that he always sits at was missing a chair - he took the teacher's chair, so...

I stopped him and said "You are aware that you're taking the teacher's chair - arent' you?"
He replied, "This is my chair."
I said, "Is your name on it."
He said "No, but I always have the chair with the bar to put my feet."
I said, "But you're taking the teacher's chair. You should take a chair from another desk, or atleast replace the chair and give the teacher another one, if you want that one in specific."

Did he replace the teacher's chair? No.

I watched 2 movies this afternoon, first I wanted to watch a chick flick, so I watched The Perfect Man. Turns out, that one of the MAIN characters in this movie alongside Hillary Duff - is Vanessa Lengies - former Montrealer, whom I went to Europe with in 2002!! She's my sister's age, and I know her! That is sooo messed up. Vanessa, who plays Amy in this movie, had a HORRIBLE accent! Vanessa's been getting a lot of film roles lately, we'll see how she does in future movies. Her next movie, Stick It - is with Jeff Bridges. She was on American Dreams as Roxanne Bojarski, not that I watched that show or anything, but I thought that was pretty damn cool. Also - in The Perfect Man, she played CHRIS NOTH'S NIECE! AHHH! CHRIS NOTH! Mr. Big from Sex & The City... one of the sexiest men alive on this planet! Hee hee! It was a cute movie, a little cheesy though.

The next movie that I watched was Millions. "Ethics, being human and the soul all come to the forefront on this masterly-written, directed and acted, fun, very rare film when a 5-year old finds a bag of Pounds with a few days to spend before the currency is switched to Euros and learns what we are really made of." "The UK is about to switch its currency from Pounds to Euros, giving a gang a chance to rob the poorly-secured train loaded with money on its way to incineration. But, during the robbery, one of the big bags falls literally from the sky on Damian's playhouse, a 5-year old given to talking to saints. The boy then starts seeing what the world and the people around him are made of. A very rare film in which ethics, being human and the soul all come to the forefront on this masterly-written, directed and acted, very fun, film. Don't miss this opportunity to your train to heaven!" Very cute movie. I enjoyed it.

Spoke to my professional wedding photographer - I'm going on Tuesday to pick up my proofs - SOOO EXCITED! 3pm - Tuesday. AHHH! FINALLY!

Tonight we had a party for a supplier that my dad's company deals with. It was at the Ritz Carlton, the food was great, the wine kept coming and Jamie won a digital camera - 5.1 megapixels, the Fuji Z1 (see pictures below) ! We both never win anything, so this was a fun thing! We also walked home with 2 bottles of Vodka - as the theme was ABSOLUT for the party.

Ran into the guy who photographed my sweet 16, my brother's bar mitzvah and my sister's sweet 16. He was wondering why we didn't call him for my wedding, however my mom did try reaching him, but at the time he wasn't shooting weddings or something and was importing men's sneakers or something. He started his own company or something, and it's in the computer industry, that's why he was at the dinner. Anyhow, he was amazed that I had completed a 3 year photography course and that I was now a professional photographer as well. (If you want to call me that - I'm currently a non-working professional then). Didn't really know anyone else at the dinner, except for my mother & father, my dad's employee Paul and Jamie...


No comments: