Sunday, December 18, 2005

Yarn Stash & Rippled Afghan

I cleaned out my office a bit today, and discovered yarn in shopping bags that hadn't been put away yet - and boy is my yarn basket FULL to the max right now and there's actually some yarn NOT in there! I pretty much have my winter break (3 weeks - officially started!) with plenty of stuff to keep me busy.


Above is some gorgeous yarn that I got at this Montreal yarn shop called Mouline. I got 3 colours, orange, burnt red and chocolate brown. I have a scarf idea that I want to make for my brown scarf. I am sure it will come out very nicely. No rush though - I have the other scarf that I made that I absolutely love.

At dinner tonight, we went out to celebrate Jamie's birthday last week, my sister's 21st birthday tomorrow and my mom's birthday this Thursday. We went to a casual restaurant. My grandmother brought me this afghan that she made (crochet) and I am amazed by it - because I want to learn how to make this kind of pattern! I love it. This afghan that she made me is not a full length blanket, it's a throw to wrap around you while watching TV, but doesn't cover your entire body. I love it. I think I'm going to use it in my office when it's cold!



After dinner we went back to my parents house, and I got to see Bosco. Boy is he growing!


He's just over 40 pounds now. Getting bigger each day. (Above he's resting on Jamie's shoulders while on the step on the stairs a little higher than him.)


NO HUMANS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS PHOTOGRAPH. Bosco is going through a teething stage and he was nibbling on Jamie's ear. Jamie was letting him for some reason.

I hope that some of my school marks are up on the school website tomorrow. I am going to log in and check tomorrow. Marks are due tomorrow from the teachers so hopefully because we're ony 13ish students in a program graduating at the same time, that they will have something done very speedy? Crossing my fingers!

No comments: