Friday, February 17, 2006

The Swatch

Class this morning was a waste of time. I didn't get enough sleep last night because I only got home from babysitting late and stayed up until 2:30 am working on my Illustrator assignment that I thought was due today, but because our class was canceled last week - she gave us until next week to work on it. Why are teachers always changing their minds after setting a due date? And we've had 6 weeks already to work on it! LOL (So why wasn't mine 100% complete - well because life has been busy! LOL).

After class I came home and read some emails, caught up on some blog reading and then crawled under a blanket on the couch and watched 2 movies one after another, and finished my swatch for the socks I want to make. I watched the movie Proof, with Gwyneth Paltrow and Jake Gyllenhaal and Anthony Hopkins, it was a little slow but I thought it was okay. The second movie I watched was The Weather Man with Nicolas Cage and Michael Cane. It was also not bad, but not the greatest movie I've ever seen.

This is my swatch. Just before I figured out how to bind-off. Took me a while - but there was a good description in Stitch 'n Bitch and I also used the Knitting Answer Book for help. My stitches are too many for the 4" square that the pattern has, so I called up Jenn and figured out to use a sock pattern generator on the internet. Printed one up - but I can't figure out how to cast on onto 4 needles. I kind of have something on the needles, but I don't know if it's right, etc, so I think I am going to wait for some help. Just to get it going. Jamie requested a pair of socks, and I have the same yarn in brown, so I'm going to make myself a test pair first, and then once I know what I am doing - make him a pair!

This evening, Jamie's dad and step-mom came over for dinner, I made fish and she made a salad (I LOVE HER SALAD - it's all in the dressing!) and they also brought us a bottle of wine. I also got a present from them - a bunch of bath & body stuff (I will never say no to bath & body stuff!)

I played the first poker game tonight, my mother-in-law convinced me to.

Off to bed. I'm ZONKED.

No comments: