Thursday, March 16, 2006

Over Tired. Burned Out. Exhausted.

Today I love:

Merino yarn from an Uruguay Ebay Store. (Which Christine and I are trying to coordinate a Co-Op, so that we can order yarn for a better price. I think we need to order 100 hanks, so if anyone is interested please contact me). I am drooling over these colours:

Winter Joy

Red Deep

and Negro Fantasia.



I couldn't resist - I bought myself a ball winder today on ebay. Got it for a good price - around 30$US plus 6$ shipping. CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT IN THE MAIL. It's by Royal. I can't wait to turn those hanks into cakes! I love just saying that as well! Ha ha.
I was going to blog about weird people that we encountered last night, and then I saw that my cousin Jenn wrote about it, so I'm quoting her: "...when we first got there we were right about to sit down when the comfy couch-chairs became available. The 3 of us (Robyn, myself and Mary) got there and put our stuff down right as this solitary woman was about to set her coffee down. I explained that we'd be a rather large group and needed the space. She walked away, but I think I heard French expletives under her breath. We pushed the big chairs to the side and pulled in 2 of the round tables and about 6 more chairs to prepare for the group. We deliberately left one table and 2 chairs where the original grouping was so a couple could sit down. Sure enough, a few minutes later a man and woman come in, buy coffee and sit down at that table. Apparently it wasn't enough room for them, as they put their coats down on the chairs that we'd moved over to form our large grouping. We asked them, quite politely I thought, to move their coats. I explained that we had a large group coming and needed the chairs. The guy started arguing with me about how we didn't have a right to take over the whole place. I tried to explain that was why we'd left the other chairs and table, and he keeps going off about how he's there every day so he has more of a right to the chairs that us knitters, who are only there every week. I don't get it- they were only 2 people and he was arguing about not getting more than 2 chairs. They wound up moving to the wall not long after, and I was very happy that once the knitters started swarming in we not only filled the seats we'd put aside, but had to pull more over and around. Ha! See, we did need the chairs!" (End quote - lol)
MY SOCK PROGRESS - Just over 50% of the sock is done! WHOOHOO. I can't wait to finish and start sock 2!!! Then I may start Jamie's brown socks - now that I know how to knit socks... or I think he may perfer wool socks - but winter's almost over - so maybe not...


Ain't she a beauty? I am still very shocked and impressed that I can do this!

Nothing as on TV tonight, so Jamie and I watched garbage on TV. Should get to bed though, as I have class early tomorrow (9 am). I should get some sleep though - I'm zonked, exhausted, burned out, wiped out.... over tired. Life, school, etc... it's catching up to me!

No comments: