Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Feeling Better Today...!


I am feeling a lot better today, about a lot of things. First off, 2 exams are done, and 4 assignments are now handed in. 2 more assignments to finish (tomorrow) and 3 more exams. Thurs morning's exam will be easy, Thursday afternoon's a tad tougher and Friday morning's will be a joke.
I got a preview of my schedule for next semester, courtosey of our coordinator Phillipe, and so far, he's missing one class that he doesn't know when it will be - BUT so far - I HAVE FRIDAYS OFF FROM SCHOOL. FRIDAY'S! GO ME AND MY LONG WEEKEND. Also, my birthday happens to fall during next semester, on a Friday! That would be so nice not to have to go in for my birthday. I really don't mind school Mondays to Friday. That's fine by me. And as of now we start Monday's at 1pm. Wow - this is the life! REALLY.
My morning exam this morning in photoshop was a complete joke. 9 questions, 2 to be done in Photoshop - which she corrected one part already on screen in front of us, and I got 6/6 on it - GO ME. And, the rest, I'm sure I did very well on. I know I may have gotten 1 or 2 mistakes, at max 3 mistakes, but I'm guessing I will end up with 18/20, which is worth 20% of my final grade. I am doing a lot better in my photoshop class than I thought... Phew. I am sure I won't get a high high mark, but I am sure I am doing okay.
Then in my HTML class - this afternoon, what a joke. I handed in my assignment, and wrote the exam. I was the first one done the written part of the exam, which I'm sure I got at least 13/15 (but it's only worth 5% of our final grade) and I am not sure what the second part of the exam is worth, but we had to create a website in Dreamweaver, using a layout that he had given to us - we had to slice it - do rollovers in dreamweaver, and also have 3 pages. One page had text and an image. The second page had text and an image. The third page had text and the titles of the text if you cliked on them had to open an image up in an i-frame on the right hand side of the screen. We were allowed using notes, so I got that done pretty efficiently and did a very nice job. Thanks to Angela though - a friend - who helped me out and actually showed me how to use dreamweaver, because my teacher was useless and I didn't get very far learning from him.
This afternoon I had my job interview with a local photographer. Anyhow, I wasn't too impressed with him, and his wife, who isn't a photographer, sat with us the entire interview, what a weird lady, with a very weak handshake (shook their hands upon coming in, and leaving as well). I felt like if I did my regular handshake, I'd break her hands.... Anyhow, Shira, whom I went to photography school with - but who is graduating now, as she took a year off) works there, and was there today, when I showed up. Daniel, whom I actually graduated with - works there and is going from full time to part time - that's why they need to hire a full-timer. I was under the impression that they were willing to hire a part- time, that's why I sent in my CV. But they aren't. So, we'll see what happens.
Anyhow, this evening, Jamie's friends Michel & Louise (whom we sat on Saturday night) came by to look at our backyard and start making plans for the weekend and all the work that needs to be done in the backyard. I've booked 2 people to show the apartment to this weekend - one to a guy named Adam from Toronto, he's a web site guru or something, lives with his dog - and is looking for a place to live/for his home office. I wonder if a 6 1/2 will be too big for 1 person, but it would be nice and quiet for a change, maybe. I think Adam is coming on Friday to see the place. Saturday, I have someone who called me today, coming to look at it - his name is Collin. I really hope that I get a lease signed soon, I don't want to have to think about it anymore. I just want to go on living life, and not having to worry about renting out my apartment for July 1st.
After dinner I kicked my butt over to the gym. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical - I love that machine, while listening to my music. I then started in the abs room, where I started a bit on my routine from the trainer. In the middle of my routine, a guy, named Gino - started telling me that he likes my shoes. Asked where I got them, and then kept on talking to me. It took me a while to realize I was being PICKED UP! It's been a while since that has happened to me, being married and all - but it was very flattering. He asked me what I did today - I was being nice, so I told him I was at school, and did 2 exams, and he told me that I looked like I had a good head on my shoulders and that I was very smart. He also told me that he likes my dimples (which come out only when I smile or blush!) He told me that he thinks I have a good sense of humor, etc... He asked me how long I've been coming to the gym, etc.... We talked about the trainers a bit. During conversing, I tried to do my routine in the abs room, but it was getting to be distracting, so I started to leave, and he said - "So is that it?" and I was like "What do you mean?" and he's like "Will I get to see you again?" And I was like "I work out here, you'll see me around" and he was like "Is that it?" and I'm like "Well, I'm married, so I don't know what you want from me..." and walked away.
WEIRD.
But yet, flattering.....
I definitely would not have given this guy my number... that's for sure. Not even to be friends.....
Too creepy! But I didn't mind making small talk with him a the gym.
Serves me right for going to the gym at 8:30pm, instead of earlier when it's crowded business people and everyone minds their own business!
I did some more of my routine, not 100% all of it today as it really tired me out, and then headed home.
I told Jamie abou this and he finds it amusing I think. I am not even flattered - this guy was creepy.
Now I'm going to go hop into a shower, and hop into bed.

No comments: