Sunday, August 20, 2006

Children's Books & A Cute Giraffe

Today, I slept in until after 1pm. I had to. I was zonked from babysitting late last night. They only got home at about 2 am. There was no way I was able to get up early this morning. That was not happening.This afternoon I watched Pirates of the Carribean (the first movie). I've already seen it, but J hasn't - so I watched it with him. I can't wait for the second movie to come onto DVD, so that I can rent it. That's one movie I really want to see.This evening we went to my parent's for dinner, and my mom found some old books of mine. She wouldn't let me take them all home, but I managed to convince her that these two - I had to have! They were Favourites of mine as a kid: But No Elephants by Jerry Smath & Henry’s Awful Mistake by Robert Quakenbush. It's amazing, what great condition my books are still in.My mom also found this, which she let me bring home:


giraffe.jpg


It's not in the right position (as it's measure tape for measuring your kid's height) but I put it on the wall to see what it would look like, in the baby's room. It is sooooo cute, and I love it. The coloured squares are pockets! My old office is starting to turn into the baby's room. The bookshelf you see, has to go, I just haven't started packing up the books yet to bring them downstairs. I need J to empty his office first, before I can go ahead and bring the books down. That will probably happen sometime in October. Other things to do first, before taking care of that!

No comments: