Sunday, September 24, 2006

Family Gatherings, Show & Tell

Today we got together with J’s mom’s side of the family for lunch, to celebrate Rosh Hashanah (which was technically Friday & Saturday night), but we got back from our trip, and they decided to get everyone together for us today. Tonight for dinner, we went over to my parents house - to see them for a very non-traditional (Steaks on the BBQ) Rosh Hashanah dinner. I handed out some souvenirs, everyone liked them, which I am glad, and that was nice.

Sleeping last night - that was easy - we both fell asleep while watching the Habs on TV - but we were both out cold by 8:30pm, that’s for sure. This morning - we were both up by 4:30 am (which is technically 10:30 am in Europe) tossing and turning until 7:30 am. By 7:30 am neither of us could stand being in bed anymore, even if we were cuddling. By 8:30 am, I was on the phone with my in-law’s making plans with my sister-in-law to meet at their Aunt’s house for lunch. (With an almost 4 year old, I knew by 8:30 am - everyone at my in-law’s were up already. Plus - my in-law’s are early risers).

Some show & tell…

This is the ring that J got me as an anniversary present. I had been wanting a black pearl ring for a very long time now. I just love it. Purchased in Europe.

This is my new fave purse. It’s crochet, and I am not sure what the material is - but it’s very soft and very stretchy. I picked it up in Lisboa, Portugal for 15€ for it. Well worth it.

I picked up this train for the baby’s room. I absolutely love it - I can’t wait to meet the little guy. 14 and a half more weeks to go!


I got this tea set in Casblanca, Morocco, Africa. I absolutely adore it - even though it’s not the fanciest thing in the world. It’s probably not even worth much, but to me, it’s a memory from Casblanca (along with the wood elephant statue that I got - I’ll have to take a picture of that too - just remembered about it - I collect elephant statues).
That’s it for show & tell today. More coming this week (including some yarn I purchased in Cadiz & Florence). I will slowly post things - just bare with me. I did calculate how many photographs (digital) I took during the 2 weeks we were away, and that totalled to 1696 photos. Once they’re organized, I will be posting them on FLICKR and sharing a few here!
However, I’m zonked, and I’m going to bed. (Damn jet lag!)

No comments: