Thursday, January 25, 2007

4 Weeks

I cannot understand where time goes? It's been 4 weeks since Sean's birth (he officially is a month old on Sunday the 28th). It feels like just yesterday I gave birth, but cannot understand that it's been a full 4 weeks. I've seen Sean grow out of his "newborn" face and into his "baby" face in the past 4 weeks and finally gain some weight! We've had sleepless nights, and nights full of sleep, smiles (that are probably gas) and lots of cries too. It's been a challenge, being "first time" new parents and all, but we're getting the hang of it, althought we've been winging it most of the time. We've learned a lot as we've been going along, and learning new things about ourselves and our capabilities. I love being a mother, and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world... even on those nights were I get no sleep!

I took a bunch of photos of Sean today, 4 weeks of being on planet earth:


I love how Sean's starting to be alot alert during the day, and is starting to be curious about things. I love showing him himself in the mirror - it's just too cute. (Like when I do the "self portraits" of the two of us together in the mirror - he's fascinated with what he sees!) I can't wait until he starts playing with things, it's going to be so much fun!

What is it with people and not wanting to give out therir housekeeper/house cleaner's phone number? I've been looking around for someone to come ONCE to our house next weekend to clean our house (do a once-over) since I've been lacking in the housekeeping department since giving birth (and a bit before being 8-9 months pregnant) and it's as if it's a dirty little secret and no one wants to share their cleaning lady! I'm probably going to have to call like Mini-menage or CleanSweepers or something (who send like 4 people at one time) to clean up before Sean's Pidyan Haben (more about that later on, I don't feel like getting into that right now - but if you are curious, you can read up about the tradition here).

Today I had a bit of an "off" day, and told off this guy from Bell Canada when he called. They keep on calling for Jamie's best friend Marc, who owned the phone line when Jamie lived with him for 2 years. That was up until I moved in with Jamie in May of 2003. So, that was almost 4 years ago this spring. They KEEP calling. I KEEP telling them that Marc no longer owns the phone line. I tell them to take the number off the calling list. That I am not interested in their services. If they could offer me cheaper rates and airmiles like Primus does, then maybe I'll consider it. But they can't. And then they keep calling back for Marc. It's goddamn annoying. So today, I finally snapped at the guy on the phone, and you know what it resulted in? Him telling me he's going to call me EVERY friggin' day. I hope that's not the case, because I'll call up Bell Canada Customer Service and give them a piece of my mind....

My package from Chapters.ca didn't arrive today, I'm hoping it comes tomorrow...! Mmmm Stitchionary!!

3 comments:

Raesha D said...

Holy cow - I cannot believe it has been a month already!!! Happy One Month Birthday Sean!!!!

Jennifer Lori said...

Bell Canada audio tapes all of their calls...I'd call and ask for a supervisor! Get the sucker in trouble....

g-girl said...

wow, 4 weeks, huh? that's amazing! I can't believe what went down with the Bell Canada guy. How rude is that. I get like that myself though--so it's understandable you being so sick and tired of them calling for someone that doesn't even live there anymore!