Monday, January 29, 2007

The Explosion

This morning I had my postpartum apt with my doctor. It went well and he says I have healed very nicely (from my episiotomy). Everyone loved Sean, and I think I perfer my first thing in the morning appointment than a 10 am one. My doctor was so far behind, it took forever for a quick check-up. I thought I was never getting out of there!! Everything though is good and I'm on micronor while I'm breastfeeding.


Today, while preparing lunch, a bowl, that was part of a set that we had on our wedding registry, exploded in the microwave. Now, Jamie & I absolutely HATE these bowls, because they are stamped with MICROWAVE & DISHWASH SAFE on the bottom, yet, they chip in the dishwasher and they heat up in the microwave. Yes, you read that correctly. THEY HEAT UP in the microwave, and the food barely does. So it results in a HOT HOT HOT plate, (I've burned my fingers numerous times) and cold food still on your plate. This explosion in the microwave today was the last straw. I'm calling up the registry department (at the Baie) to get the contact info for the customer service of this company that makes the bowls. I'll see where I get with that.

This afternoon I took some pictures of Sean while killing time at my parent's house before picking up Jamie from the airport:



This angle makes Sean look like he has Chubby Cheeks! He really doesn't! But, it looks like he does! Very cute, I think!

Tonight we have Heroes, 24 and the Habs on TV (They're retiring Ken Drydan's number tonight). So I'm off to go feed Sean, and chill and watch some TV. I am sooo zonked from a weekend of parenthood on my own (I really feel for those mothers whom have to do it on their own all the time, I don't think I would be able to do it). I don't mind if Jamie goes on business once in a while, but with a newborn, it's very demanding waking up in the middle of the night every 2-3 hours. I've been getting no sleep and I'm beyond zonked!

3 comments:

g-girl said...

oh my gosh! I can't believe the bowl literally exploded in the microwave! I hope you get somewhere with that company. great pics of sean. :)

Drea said...

With caleb I tore. That stunk. I hear an episodomey or however you spell it is harder to recover from. Depending on the size of the tear of course. :-)

With Taite I didnt need one though. His head was MUCH smaller than Caleb. Caleb was almost 8 lbs and his head was gigantic... so I was bond to rip.
Taite being almost 2 lbs smaller though helped :-)
Love the pillow.

Barb said...

what a sweetie, glad too hear your appointment went well :) I hear ya about being tired, i'm the only one that ever get's up with the girls, well, Les only really, Meg sleeps throught the night, Les still wakes up 2 or 3 times