Thursday, February 22, 2007

8 Weeks

So, this morning while watching the show Weeds that Jamie downloaded off the dish (I believe it's a Showtime or Showcase show or something like that), I finished Sean's Apple Hat. I decided to do only 1 leaf instead of 2. I really like my version of the hat. I knit it up in 1 year size, so that it'll fit Sean in the fall/winter this year.

I am very happy with his hat. I even snuck it on his head for a quick photograph while he was sleeping. I'll get a better photo after when he's awake. It's big on his head, but he'll grow into it!

This evening I wound my Fleece Artist Thrum Mit Kit yarn into a cake:

And cut up all my thrum:

And starting knitting mitten number 1:

And I'm loving the colors so far!


I cannot believe Sean is already 8 weeks old. On Wednesday he turns 2 months old. Where does time go? Seriously? I feel like he was just born yesterday. I really do sometimes miss being pregnant, but to be honest, I'm enjoying every moment of motherhood, and I'm loving Sean more and more every day! I just can't get enough of him. I can seriously sit there for hours and just watch him. There is nothing like the love of a mother for her child. Sean - Mommy loves you very very much.


I am loving this cabled pullover & I'm contemplating buying the pattern booklet just for his sweater. I think I HAVE to make it for myself, and I'm thinking it will be in this color as well. (Or a very similar shade). I did however purchase myself a 2 year subscription to Interweave Knits today. It was damn cheap to get a 2 year subscription, especially since I'd be saving 32$ in two years than buying it in the store! I think it's worth it! I can't wait to get my first issue in the mail! It'll probably be the next one that comes out, I have no idea when the one on stands currently came out.


Today I did an errand in the afternoon, I was in dire need of more bibs that have velcro - and to be honest, I went to the local dollar store. They have great ones, for a buck each. I will photograph them tomorrow, I got a great selection. I put away all the tiny bibs that don't really fit even a newborn - not sure why they make bibs that small, and I also put away (for later when Sean can sit up on his own & hold his neck up on his own) the bibs that tie up instead of just velcro or snap shut.

Late afternoon my friend Elana came by to meet Sean, bringing him a littl gift. She really shouldn't have - but it was really cute! He got a little beach bag, beach ball, a pair of adorable sunglasses (his first pair!) and a pair of swimming shorts - also his first pair! I think Elana now has baby fever, and wants to have a baby! (She's been married about 8 months now... so who knows! Jamie and I were married 7 months and a bit when I got pregnant! Planned pregnancy - don't worry - Sean was and is very much wanted!)

Elana and I were planning on going to Deep End Aqua tonight from 6-7 pm, however, there was a huge accident (over turned truck dangling off the median on Highway 20) and so everyone was taking the Trans-Canada Highway, so it took Jamie forever to get home from work, and I missed my Aqua class. That's okay - I don't think Elana wanted to leave and give Sean back to me!

This evening I worked on starting my thrummed mittens as above, since I finished Sean's Apple Hat this morning. (Took only a few hours to make!) I'm thinking about making another apple hat for a friend of the family who just had a baby boy two days ago (5 weeks early, c-section because the umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby's head. Baby & Mommy are doing great). It's such a fast knit!


This evening I watched Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, and now I'm off to bed.

5 comments:

Barb said...

the hat is adorable :)can't wait too see the finished mitts, those are gonna be WARM

Summer said...

I love the apple hat. So adorable. I love the picture of you and Sean.. It looks like he his smiling for the camera.

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

I love the apple hat! Good job.

The Fleece Artist Thrummed mittens are devine - I've gifted a pair to an Aunt and made myself a purple pair and have worn them all winter long. I can't wait to see them all made up. I didn't cut my "thrums" I just pulled them but that makes so much sense so they will be uniform in the amount of roving you use.... I have a thrummed sock and another mitten kit sitting in my stash so I will be using that technique when I crack into those projects.

g-girl said...

the hat looks absolutely adorable on sleeping sean! :) I love today's pic of the two of you too! your yarn for your thrummed mittens looks awesome! can't wait to see them all knitted up. :) the sweater you want to make is very nice. yay for the ik subscription!

Christina said...

That apple hat is super cute! I think I may even try making one myself since I'm on the lookout for interesting things to do while on bedrest. I hope you have a good weekend!

Christina