Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 13 of 31

Today I got a lot of laundry done. I'm very impressed with myself. Today I also did all of my SP10 matches and emailed them all out. The entire process took about 6 hours in total - it was a long day. I had to double check everything, make sure that matches were good, allergies were taken into consideration, etc. It was a long process, but to be honest, very rewarding. Especially since I'm getting emails from people saying they're really happy with their matches! If you are in my group - I've sent your match to your anonymous account - so go check it - and then email me to confirm you've received your match!

I used my very own cue-card system - everyone's info was put on cue cards like above, and then I started piles, and smaller piles, and then made even smaller piles. People were grouped depending on allergies, where they want to mail to, etc. (Yellow and white were my American group members, Blue was overseas and Pink were my Canadian groupies!) I had a system, and it worked!

This afternoon Jamie & I watched the movie The Illusionist. It was very good. The story was better than The Prestige, but the effects were better in The Prestige.

While watching The Illusionist, I taught myself the Long Tail Cast On method, and started a camera case for myself. Once I got the hang of it - it's fairly easy and I LOVE that way of casting on. I'll be using that from now on! It also closes the gaps between DPN's from the other who knows what method I was doing. I'm so happy I taught myself the Long Tail Cast On! Anyhow, my camera case is almost done, I'll be able to finish it tomorrow, no problems!

I've been collecting left over sock yarn for the Tri Blanket I'm going to be making for Sean. I've been given some yarn from a few knitter friends of mine, and I thank everyone who has given me yarn, or is sending me yarn via mail. If you have any left over sock yarn and you don't know what to do with it - email me and let me know that you want to help grow Sean's blankie. I plan on starting on it as soon as I wrap up a few WIP's that I have going on right now. Sock yarn in any color, any brand, as long as it doesn't have pink in it - it's for Sean!

My dad's birthday present came in the mail today. I can't wait to see his reaction when he opens it... As soon as he does - I'll let you know what is inside this HUGE 20 lb box that arrived at my door this morning!

My parents just got back from Jamaica, and of course they spoiled Sean rotten! Here is a cute monkey they picked up for him, I attached it the outside of his crib. It makes a really loud sound!


He also got this really cute tshirt and matching hat.


This VERY funny bib!

And another REALLY funny tshirt. I think it's just way too damn funny. Can't wait until it fits him!

Speaking of which, Sean's grown out of the 0-3 month size, and is now in 3 month size. However, some of his 3 month outfits are getting a little snug on him. I'm going to have to find some 3 month sizes that look a little larger, or see what I have in his closet that is 3-6 month size. Gosh, he's getting big! And it's not even in weight - it's in length that he is out growing his outfits!

8 comments:

Cristina said...

that bib is HILARIOUS! how hard was it to teach yourself the long tail cast on? i learned along time ago but can never remember when i go to do it...

Carrie said...

I love those bibs and t-shirts! Yeah, I bet he is growing - no doubt due to excellent mommy care! I wish my kids had had a "Mommy is having a bad day" t-shirts... maybe I can still get one for the two-year-old ;-)

Creative Genius? said...

Yeah - the sizes of baby clothing are FULL OF SH*T!!! IT's crazy... Carters clothing is especially wacky -- their 3 mo is really 0-3 and their 6mo is really 3-6 (if you look at the weight on the tag)...

I got burned on a few outfits waiting for Avi to grow into them (as in I hadn't yet pulled them out because I thought there we the next size up) and then I find out that he could have fit them all along - crazy!

And where are the Sean pictures today?? :-)

K. said...

Those shirts are Hilarious! Good on ya for the long tail cast on, it's so practical for socks I find! I can't wait to see Sean's baby blanket, it'll match some of my socks :-)

Summer said...

The clothes that you got are soo cute. Great pictures of the stuff that you got for Sean. I also can't wait to see pictures of Sean's baby blanket.

Robin said...

Those are cute clothes from Jamaica! I love it there!

Jennifer Lori said...

Is the "Tri Blanket" a variation of the mitered square blanket? Those clothes are so cute. I have the same bib- my parents brought it back from their cruise over the holidays. Adorable huh? :)

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

Way to grow Sean! Those treats from Jamaica are too cute as well. I just wanted to say publicly how much I appreciate all the work you did with the SP10 matches, so much work for a new mom. Thank You!

p.s. love the colours in your camera cases...