Saturday, April 28, 2007

4 Months

Sean is now 4 months old. I keep saying this - but "where does time go"? I swear, I remember it as though it was yesterday, meeting Sean for the first time.... Seeing what he looked like, being his mommy for the very first time.

At four months, Sean should:
- be able to lift head up 90 degrees on stomach (check!)
- laugh out loud (yep!)
- follow an object in an arc about 5 inches above the face for 180 degrees (yep again!)

May probably be able to:
- hold head steady when upright (yeppers again!)
- on stomach, raise chest supported by arms (for a while now!)
- roll over (one way) (Proved that this week in the middle of the night!)
- grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers (with a good grasp I add!)
- pay attention to a raisin or other very small objects (I guess I'll find some raisins in my pantry? huh??)
- reach for an object (he hasn't yet)
- squeal in delight (Oh yes! Very loudly too!)
- razz (does that include bubbles? cuz I think he's done that if it includes bubbles!)

May possible be able to:
- keep head level with body when pulled to sitting (yep, he can do that - strong neck on this kid!)
- turn in the direction of a voice, particularly mommy's (yeppers!)
- say ah-goo or similar vowel-consonant combinations (no idea what he says, but he's a babbler!)
- bear some weight on legs when held upright (loves being in this position!)
- sit without support (not yet)
- object if you try to take away a toy (he holds onto stuff tightly but never objects yet)

Wow - Sean's right on track! Phew! But this is according to What to Expect the First Year...!

This is a new 6 month outfit (from Costco) that he now fits into. He's got about 6 of them, and they are just too cute. My fave - a safari one that I plan on putting him into tomorrow!

In knitting news, I've finished the 10th square. It's in leftover sock yarn from the socks I made Jamie last year. I feel like this grey square looks bigger than the other two attached to it, but upon measuring it with the other set of 3, it matches up fairly closely:

Tonight, we found our Iridescent Shark dead. He was the longest living shark/fish in our tank, who moved with us when we moved to this house. We now have 1 clown fish left... and he is lonely in our tank. I'm hoping to go to the fish store soon to pick out some more fish.... it's pathetic looking at almost nothing in the tank! It needs some color.

This evening while out, I picked up this Craft magazine. I had seen it while at the last Stitch N Bitch in my hometown, and I really liked what was in there. It's published 4 times a year, at 17.99 Canadian an issue. A subscription seems to be around 39$ US for 1 year, which is a slight bit over half the cost of 4 issues. I'm *thinking* about subscribing. Not sure. I may time it with the next issue, so that I don't get the issue I currently have, twice. That would suck!

Jamie and I caught up on this week's 24 & Lost, and then we watched the movie Smokin' Aces. At first, I didn't understand what was going on in the movie, but then it all came together and made sense.

I'm kinda working on a secret project, for a baby shower that I have on Sunday next week. (Hi, Jenn!) However, I think that knitting toys, is *NOT* for me. So - I'm thinking about figuring out something else for this said project that I want to do by next Sunday. (Being on maternity leave, I do have time to knit this secret project by next Sunday... but I need to figure out all the details first!) (It's probably NOT going to be a toy. That was given a go at.... and didn't work out.... after a LOT of frustration today... it just wasn't meant to be!) Robyn & Knitting Toys, just don't mix.... unfortunately.

We were supposed to see Jamie's sister tonight, along with my nephew, but my SIL's boyfriend, whom she came into town with, came down with a high fever & pneumonia as of this morning (my in-laws are in the process of sterilizing their home - apparently what he has is contagious, so they left right away and head back home (3 and a half hours away from Montreal, in Beauceville, Quebec).

4 comments:

Drea said...

he always has the cutest clothes! you look great in the pic

Summer said...

I love the picture of Sean. He is getting to be such a big boy!! Your blankie is looking great.

Maggie said...

that new square is my favorite one so far. What a pretty color it is!

Sean is looking very handsome (as usual) in his new outfit. I love the bright colors.

Looks like he's doing very well in the development department, too. Good for him! But then again we knew that already. What a little man he is becoming. :)

Anonymous said...

I always see that zine at the magazine store near our apartment but I could never afford. Now that I can they don't have it. Geez!