Saturday, July 28, 2007

Camera Cozy Information

I've been left comments about the camera cozy case I made. Here is the information:

Pattern is from Not An Artist on her blog here.

Instead of sock yarn, like she used, I went with a thicker weight yarn using Filatura Di Crosa Millefili Fine in color 263 (Lot 0010) (I love Italian yarn). It's 100% cotton, 50 gram ball, 136 yards. You need between 9-10 grams per case. I have made 4 cases from this one ball and I'm going to see if I can squeeze 1 more case out of it. So that means you need about 27.2 yards per case, approximetely, seeing as though that my 136 yard ball divded by 5 cases equals 27.2 yards per case. And that's an approximate. I am casting on for my own cases (I need two for my two pocket/purse cameras) so I'll let you know if I can get 5 cases out of this ball. I also have some balls in color 9551 of the same brand of yarn. I am using some of the color 9551 for my woven trellis scarf, but I have more than enough balls to make some into cases.

I did alter the pattern from Not An Artist to adjust for the different weight of yarn. I cast on 40 stitches instead of 48. But otherwise, I followed her pattern, also ajusting the number of stitches in the decrease at the end, because I didn't have as much on the needles as Michelle did in her pattern for sock-weight yarn.

Any questions, leave a comment or email me.

No comments: