Thursday, September 13, 2007

37 Weeks

It's been one year today since the tragedies at Dawson College. I was away on my belated honeymoon with Jamie in Europe, and Kimveer Gill started shooting a gun in Dawson College, a school that I had graduated from twice over (Creative Arts & Professional Photography) and where friends still attended. There was 19 injured, one dead and then Kimveer shot himself after being shot in the arm by police. We take some time today to remember the victims of the tragedy.

In brighter news, the new Knitty is up! Fall 2007. I will have to browse later and see what I want to make. I'll get back to you! There are some nice things in there.

Today, Sean is 37 weeks old. He now has two bottom teeth. Though, they aren't fully showing, they've cut the gums, and are on their way out! You can see them, when he laughs, otherwise, if you try to open his mouth, he sticks his tongue to cover them. Smart little guy! We had fun taking some pictures tonight in my Aunt's bathroom at Rosh Hashanah Dinner.

I think I forgot to wish everyone who celebrates a Shana Tovah! Happy New Year!

At my Aunt's tonight, after dinner, since I had accidently left Sean's pj bottoms at home (on my bed where we later discovered them) and only had the top of his PJ's upon changing him, we decided to take some diaper shots. I think there were about 5 cameras taking pictures when we did this, but here is a shot from my camera. Sean is mobile, Jakob isn't yet. So, it was hard getting Sean to stay in one spot for these pictures!

I got More Sensational Knitted Socks in the mail today as well as Veronik Avery's new book. Now I need to catch Veronik at a Montreal Knits Meetup for her to autograph my book! Thank you Angela! I already want to make the Military Jacket. I just love it.

3 comments:

g-girl said...

oh, i love the shot from your Aunt's bathroom! Cute. :) I had to do a double take in that two diapered babies shot! lol.

Unknown said...

Mazaltov! Hope that you had a great New Year!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I've got More Sensational Knitted Socks on order from Knit Picks (and the first one for a gift for a friend). I also ordered another book. These were placed back in August when they had their 40% off book sale...well, the order is still on hold. There is a star beside the other book I ordered, so I assume they are waiting for more of them to come in. It gives me an 800 number to call to find out why, but I don't think I can access it from South Korea!