Friday, September 21, 2007

September 21 of 30

I was asked if my image could be used for my Turtleneck Shrug for the pattern on Ravelry. How cool is that? They took two of my images for use. Awesome! I can't wait for the weather to be cool enough to actually wear it!

I've been thinking about getting back into doing some art journals. I had to keep two years ago when I was in Graphic Design school in a Creativity Class. It was a Creativity Journal. However, I do have some extra journals (blank) that have been wanting to be filled up. I think I have some stuff that I want to fill it up with - but I will for sure need some more stuff. I am going to try to be really creative without spending money. I think I can do it!

I found this really funny chick online (heard about her on iHanna's blog) , on youtube named Suzi Blu. She's an Italian from Jersey, who is just funny. She has some online tutorials. You should check her out. How to Keep An Art Journal by Suzi Blu #1 and How To Keep An Art Journal by Suzi Blu: #2.

I have a new pattern in the shop, it's a Batman Inspired Sweater with a Detachable Cape! It's super cute. I can't wait for Sean to be big enough to fit into the size 2! (Smallest size available!) It's a PDF - so you can get it right away after your purchase!

Tonight Jamie & I watched the movie Lucky You with Drew Barrymore, Robert Duvall and a bunch of professional pocker players. It was alright. A little on the long side. While watching the movie, I took the time to wind some cakes for Sean's blankie project. I have neglected it for a while and as soon as I'm done with Jamie's Cabled Sock, and his dad's birthday present, I'll be picking up the blankie again.

I'll leave you with today's giggles!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your now famous Turtleneck Shrug (which btw, looks awesome!)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

How cute...I love baby giggles! Congrats on your image being chosen for use for your turtle neck shrug!

Tara said...

We watched 1408 (John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson) last night. Kind of a letdown, actually... I can't wait for Maxime to really start laughing like that!

Caroline said...

Congrats! Your shrug looks great! My pics were asked for a couple of patterns too, I thought it was cool :)

Robin said...

That is cool when they ask you to use your picture. I've made a few patterns that weren't made by anyone else (like your Turtleneck Shrug) and so I have a few out there too.

That Batman sweater is cute! Is the Batman motif done with intarsia?

Summer said...

That video of Sean is sooo adorable!!! Love it when babies start to laugh!!!

Congrats on your shrug being chosen!!!

Drea said...

caleb watched that video and said "dat taite?" i said "nope" he said "den who is dat!" HAHA

g-girl said...

congrats on having your image used for the turtle neck shrug. love that batman inspired sweater with a cape! Wish I knew a lil boy that could wear it!