Friday, November 30, 2007

November 30 of 30

I can't believe it's November 3oth already. One month left of the year. 28 days left until my baby turns 1 year old. I can't believe I have an almost 1 year old! Today marks my 8th week of pregnancy. Just 4 more weeks until I'm out of the first trimester, and hopefully I will get my energy back! I've been asked for belly shots - I will do them - just not yet. There's nothing to show. (Besides some leftover baby weight from my first pregnancy).

Last night I was NOT feeling well. I got home and gave Sean a bath, and then crawled into bed with him. He had his bottle and he fell asleep somewhere around 9:00 pm. When Jamie got in from his friends house, I put Sean to bed, came to the computer, and then went to bed myself. Sean woke up somewhere between 3:30 and 4 am. He had a diaper change, a bottle and fell alseep in my arms. Somewhere between 4:30 and 5 am I woke up (we'd both fallen asleep) and tried to transfer Sean to his crib. He was not interested in going into his crib at all. As soon as I transfered him (he was asleep) he lifted his head, and sat up bawling his eyes out.

Ok. So I took him back into bed with me. We both fell asleep again, and then I tried the same thing at around 7 something this morning when I woke up cuz I had to go to the bathroom, (first trimester, I'm peeing four hundred times a day! Not fun!) and tried to transfer him again, a no go. He sat up and bawled his eyes out while I was in the bathroom. Brought him back to bed with me.

This can't keep happening. I can't let him do this. I'm hoping it was just last night. Right now he's in his own crib and I'm hoping he sleeps through the night. Last night was horrid. Not only did I not sleep good because I had Sean in my arms, my ear was very irritated and I couldn't swallow - or rather it hurt to swallow. I'm thinking it's way too dry in the bedroom? Tonight, I'm going to try the humidifier, and see if that helps. We have one, that we used in Sean's bedroom in the duplex, as it was majorly dry in there. His temporary room (the nursery), seems okay for now. I will find my humidifier tester thing and put it in his room to make sure, but the temperature is not as dry in the nursery as it is in my master bedroom. The tester thingy is in a box somewhere...!

Today Sean and I pretty much spent the day in the den. I slept a lot of the day, and Sean slept/napped with me at some points, and played during the rest. I was just not feeling well, and very tired, though my throat and ear weren't bothering me as much after getting up. But they were killing me during the night. (Maybe due to the dryness in my room).

I did manage to knit a few rows (okay a lot of rows) on my Chevron Scarf. It's coming along great. I will post a picture in the next few days with it's progress. I'm hoping to make a lot of progress on it, so I can block it and start using it. I kinda want a new scarf to wear, and I want to wear this one! I also now have 25 days left to knit my nephew's Drive-Thru for Xmas. I really better get cracking on it. But my knitting mojo finally started to come back today, but I had a twitch to knit on the Chevron Scarf.

Because it's the weekend, I'm leaving up the December Sock Club Kit until Sunday night if you still want one. There are a few spots left. The color is a stunning wintery colorway - that's all I'm going to give out. And the pattern is absolutely stunning as well! The yarn is being dyed by Toronto's own Dyed in the Wool Handmade, and the pattern was designed by Yosemite's Knitting Addiction. You know you want to support two Canadian artist - so go on and buy a kit! Treat yourself to some sock goodness for the holidays! I've also just put Claudia Handpainted on Sale until December 10th (my hubby's bday!). It's now 15% off for just 11$ a skein.

4 comments:

Barb said...

uh oh, you put Claudias on sale!!! I just might think about getting 2 more!! i'll let you know in a couple days :)

knitgirl63 said...

Hi mamasita, I hope you're feeling better soon. :-)

Have the November sock kits gone out yet? I haven't seen mine but maybe with the Thanksgiving holiday it's a bit slow. Let me know, okay? Also, lady, you owe me your new address (snail mail, of course). Tough to send a welcome to your new home card without the addy. Ha ha!

Tara said...

Maybe you have an ear infection? Try to get some rest! :)

g-girl said...

oh no-sorry to hear you're not feeling so well or sleeping too good. :( I get that too--my ear hurting, is it caused by air being too dry? I hadn't even considered that! good to know. can't wait to see your chevron scarf! :)