Saturday, December 22, 2007

December 22 of 31

The Saturday before Christmas. A zoo. Parking lots jammed. Fuller than I've ever seen it before. People parking across the street and walking over to the mall. I met a friend this morning with some yarn goodies - stash enhancing her - and then decided to do three errands in the same mall. First stop Chapters, and I picked up about 8 books. 1 book for Sean - The Going To Bed Book by Sandra Boynton (which I read to him before bed tonight, and he loved it, as well as SEVEN knitting books for myself. The line up at Chapters was absolutely horrendous. However, it went fast. It only took me 20 minutes to get through it, and the line-up was spiraling throughout the store and then some. There was even a poster that at a certain point, you only had 10 minutes left until you reached the cash. Yeah, it was about accurate, and they had all 9 cashes open. Besides it being the Saturday before Christmas, they were having a special - Buy 3 books get the 4th Free. So I got 2 free books today. I won't complain. A list of my new knitting books that I added to my library to come shortly. Next stop was Les Aliment M&M. I wanted to pick up Mini Cream Puffs (mmm! Delicious) and also chicken breast. (We're not home for dinner the next 3 nights, but I wanted to pick it up so I can make dinner on Wednesday night before going to Knit Night. I have a specific recipe in mind. The last stop was Subway to pick up lunch for Jamie and I. Big mistake trying to move my car after going to Chapters & M&M. The parking lot was a zoo... but the Subways is on the other end of the mall.... and I didn't have any energy to walk over to it. If I wasn't almost 15 weeks pregnant, it may have been another story... I may have walked it!


This morning after running a few errands, I took Sean sledding in the circle that is our street. The road is still covered by snow (not all streets are still 100% covered, but ours is) and made a nice sledding area. The temperature after lunch today was so nice and warm, I had to take Sean out. Today was our first opportunity to do so - it wasn't below 0 degrees! Finally - a chance! I walked around our circle about 6 times, and he just loved it. Both of our faces were getting a little rosey, so I came home. He just loved it though. I definitely plan to take him many times more this winter - weather providing!

This afternoon I just sat on the couch and caught up on episodes of Season 7 of Law & Order SVU. I've seen the first couple of episodes, but I'm sure I have not seen the entire season. I stopped watching Season 7 when we moved from our apartment to our house - things and school just got too busy and I had lost interest for a while. I kept telling myself I wanted to catch up - and now I have time to do so - so I am. I got some knitting done this afternoon on Jamie's Cabled Socks.

Here is the progress on Jamie's Cabled Sock. I'm turning the heel right now. I should be working on my mother-in-law's scarf or my nephew's sweater. I have serious Knitting A.D.D. and OCD about what projects I want to work on - I swear! It's bad! I know my nephew's sweater will not be done for Xmas - I hope to get it to him (if) he comes in for my son's first birthday party (but that's a whole other story in itself, which I don't feel like talking about right now), if not I will mail it to him as soon as it's done. I am hoping though, to get the Cabled Socks done before 2007 is over. My mother-in-law's scarf, I'll be knitting up a storm tomorrow - which is why I chose Chunky Yarn, and Chunky needles.

Tonight (as we did last Saturday night, maybe a tradition is forming?) we went out for Chinese food in our area. I absolutely will NEVER say no to Chinese Food. Wonton soup is my absolute fave. As well as chicken fried rice, with spare rib sauce on top. Mmm, delicious. Anything else is good too - but Chicken Fried rice and Wonton Soup are my absolute fave. Totally hit the spot.

Today is my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! (I don't think she reads my blog - but just in case she does!) Tomorrow is my mother-in-law's birthday - December is just filled with birthday! (The 10th my hubby, the 19th my sister, the 22nd (today) my mom, the 23rd (tomorrow) my mother-in-law's, and the 28th, my son's!) Talk about a busy month!

Just a reminder that if you haven't picked up your January Sock Club kit yet, that it's going to be an extra special kit. Montreal's very own Mona Schmidt is designing the pattern and Perfect Day Yarn is dying up the yarn. We've lined up some extra special goodies for this month - so get your kit now while it's still available! Treat yourself! Buy a Chritmas gift for someone!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, you braved Christmas shoppers on a Saturday??? your very brave LOL, I THOUGHT about finishing my shopping yesterday, that's as far as I got LOL I was'nt going near any malls!!! what books did you get?? I bought More Sensational Knitted Socks and LOVE it!!!

Ali P said...

I agree on the crazy. I purposely got my shopping as done as I could so that I would NOT go to a mall this weekend. Aaaaah but you are young and brave while I am middleaged and WISE...LOL

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Glad you survived that little fiasco. Sean looks so cute and like he's having fun all bundled up.

sharon said...

Merry Christmas Robyn. Way to finish up your shopping. I don't think I will be able to drop your club as the mystery keeps it interesting. We will see what the new year brings. (I was out Saturday for about 2 hours and it was insane).

Tara said...

Wow, braving the mall on the Saturday before Christmas. You live on the edge... Can't wait to see which books you bought!

g-girl said...

you know, we hit the mall Christmas Eve day and it actually wasn't too bad. My mom picked up gifts for myself and my fiance. My sister and brother went Christmas Eve! lol.