Saturday, December 08, 2007

December 8 of 31

Have you seen these? It's a DPN storage tube. I was searching for these, and came across this. They're only 6.50$ for a pack of 4. That's pretty good. I wonder how much shipping to Canada is though? I'll see after I have done Christmas/Chanukah shopping if there's anything leftover for myself. You see, today is my last day of maternity leave. My final paycheck is on Wednesday, and then that's it until I take maternity leave again next summer with baby number 2. I will be working on focusing on my business, as well as helping Jamie out at our store (we own a franchise in the family business) but as far as a steady pay - that won't be happening right now. Maybe see if there is any Chanukah gelt or Christmas money for them. If not, it's not the end of the world. They're a WANT not a NEED.

Being on that - wants and needs - I think I am going to implement NOT BUYING IT next year for a bit. I did it for one month this past year, and let me tell you it was hard, but I think it's something I want to try again - at least for one more month. January?? (The only problem with January, is, we're hosting Sean's 1st birthday party in January), so we'll see. Maybe February?

Though what I saw that I really want? These. They are these tubes, that hold your needles for your in progress sock projects. I've never seen them here in Canada, and would love some for my shorter needles. (I don't really knit socks with larger than 5 or 6 inch DPNS). (8 inch DPNS drive me nuts for socks!)

Another item on my WANT list is Fergie the Frog. I'd love a Fergie the Frog. It's made by clover, and not something I've seen in Canada either.

My son eats books. Actually he likes any cardboard or paper. I don't get it. Boxes, books, paper. He eats it. Is this normal? I know babies put things in their mouth all the time - but to eat paper?? I try as much to not let him do it - but sometimes, I just don't see him, especially when it comes to his books!


Tonight we dropped Sean off at my parents house and went to the Habs game. We unfortunately got creamed MAJORLY by North Carolina, 5-1. However, I got some knitting done on my nephew's Drive-Thru sweater. There is some progress, though, I'm no where near 10 inches for the body. I gotta keep going at it!

13 comments:

Bertha said...

June's favorite food is absolutely paper.

Barb said...

I've been looking for those DPN holders that you use on WIP's too, can't find them here either. Fergie the frog is cute!! My girls liked to eat books too, teething maybe??

Anonymous said...

I got my eye on these:

http://www.knitzi.com

K. said...

I tried to not laugh when I read that Sean eats books, but it's kinda cute! Sucks about the Habs, they're KILLING me! Good luck with the sweater, you can do it! you can do it! *doing the you-can-do-it dance*

Dawn said...

My second born son ate paper all the time. Not really books but napkins and computer paper. Anything he could get ahold of while I was chasing the other boy. He grew out of it though as I'm sure your son will too.

Jennifer Lori said...

I have those needle tubes that you were looking for, the ones from Woolworks. I bought 2 smaller ones and 1 longer one (or 1 of each, I forget) with Maaike last summer. If you ever want to take a look at them in person, let me know.

p.s. I like your new profile pic but you have to update your profile with the baby-on-the-way!

Lindsey said...

i was thinking teething, but it is possible that he is anemic. there is a symptom of anemia called pica which means you crave non nutritious substances like starch, ice, or maybe even paper. just a thought!

i have been facinated by those dpn holders from woolworks too, but i haven't ordered any yet. i can't justify it since i don't do a lot of sock knitting! oh well! i think it is very clever though!

love the new profile pic!

Katie said...

Ah yes, the lovely eat the books phase! I thought my daughter would never read books, only eat them... it was relatively short-lived thankfully. Now she "reads" all the time (or wants stories read to her).

Go 'Canes!! >;)

Hee, hee. I grew up in Raleigh and my parents are huge Carolina fans.

halloweenlover said...

Gabe has been know to vomit up chunks of paper quite often, so I think it is pretty common.

It is gross, though, and freaks me out because what if he chokes!

Tara said...

I haven't been to a hockey game in aaaaages! I think it'd be a great date, if the tickets weren't so damn expensive! :)

My Daily Dirt said...

Awesome! My boyfriend gets mad when I bring my knitting to games. LOL!!

Diane said...

My son ate paper all the time. Don't know why but he stopped when he was around 15-18 months. No ill effects so don't worry much about it.

g-girl said...

you know, my niece was totally into eating paper a few months back. it was funny. she no longer eats the stuff, but she still loves playing with it and crumpling it.