Sunday, March 30, 2008

march thirty :: 31 days :: day thirty

Day thirty. One day left. I think I can make it!

Highlights of my day:

-Hubby took care of Sean this morning so I could sleep in an extra hour. YEY! Sean DID sleep through the night last night - I guess his new molars aren't bugging him. Here's to hoping for another full night! Hubby also woke me up upon having breakfast ready on the kitchen table. He made French Toast. That was super sweet of him! (The most romantic thing he does - and I love it that way!)

-Did groceries this afternoon. Much needed (ran out of milk and bread, that sort of thing)

-Went to dinner with my family, and dad ordered a pitcher of beer. Finally took care of that craving I've had for beer (WITH JUST A FEW SIPS DONT WORRY! I'm not that dumb of a pregnant person!)(Didn't drink enough to harm the baby! Just enough to fill that craving since Knitting Pub Night from the beginning of the month). If you have a comment to say about my few sips of beer - keep them to yourself. My baby is not going to come out defective because of this, plus being 7 months pregnant, he's developed just growing & gaining weight now...! It's not as if I'm at the beginning of my pregnancy).

- At dinner, Sean was being cute (and loud) and we all did the "Shhhh" movement with our index finger to our mouths.... for the FIRST TIME EVER, Sean put his index finger up to his mouth and said "shhh" as well. He only did it once - but it was super cute.

- Sean's new fave thing (For a bit now) is doing "cheers". He'll put his sippy cup in the air to do "cheers" with you. He even says "cheers!" (That's another word he knows - forgot to mention it in last night's post!

-Had a relaxing day on the couch. Played with Sean in the playroom. He made a huge mess, I cleaned it up after (since we're having our "Mommies who knit" come over tomorrow for a non-knitting session to eat my apple cake with vanilla ice cream).

I miss sleeping on my stomach. I've always been a stomach sleeper.

I borrowed my mom's body pillow - yep, it's that time again. Almost 7 months pregnant, and damn uncomfortable, as I mentioned yesterday.

Not sure how my inbox (hotmail) reached to over 200 emails, but I've gotten it down to 176. Still have more to answer back, slowly getting to it.

And if you're receiving random comments from me on your blog - I'm finally doing some grand bloglines.com spring cleaning. So if you get a comment from me for like 10 posts in a row, or from posts dating back to November 2007, you know I'm finally caught up on your blog! And I apologize! I guess working from home and caring for a toddler doesn't allow me to be up to speed with my blog reading (or emails for that matter). From the over 200+ blog posts I wanted to read (every word of), I'm down to 168. Getting there. In due time. Hopefully this week. Spring cleaning!

Speaking of which, I finally got to fold about 8 loads of laundry (with more being done to fold). I have guests coming over tomorrow after all - must have a tidy house!

Speaking of guests.... (this is going to be a rant). When you go to someone's house, do you go into their bathroom and open up their things and use the items, especially for a product that was SEALED?? Last week at some point, I won't mention when (weekend) and I won't mention whom (out of town guests), someone (not sure which of the two adults), opened up a box of bandaids (Curious George). A while back (end of February) I had gotten them for Sean, even though they weren't exactly on sale. Then after buying them, I found at the dollar store, cute kiddie ones, for 1$ (for the same amount of bandaids). Anyhow, I was planning on taking the bandaids (Curious George) back to the store for a refund (don't need 2 boxes of bandaids since they're not used often, and the box we have will probably last us a long time), but can't now. Someone went and opened the box, which was put aside to be taken back to the store and used one of the bandaids. (Never saw where it was used, or on whom, but I'm assuming it was a bandaid for my nephew). Now, it's not the end of the world that the box was opened, I'll just have kiddie bandaids for the next 100 cuts... but, it's the fact that they didn't ask, and went ahead and opened the box, at their own discretion. The box wasn't in the medicine cabinet, but on the side, where I put it once finding the other fun kiddo ones at the dollar store. Am I crazy for being mad that they opened it without asking? Is it just my pregnancy brain going all emotional and nutty? Would you go to someone else's house and make yourself comfortable to open up products in the bathroom? Please someone tell me I'm normal for thinking this way....? Maybe I'm just nuts. But I needed to get this off my chest. So I can sleep better tonight (just kidding).

Robyn's Nest is now stocked again with Briggs & Little. Fully stocked actually! The yarn room is running out of space - so come on by and stock up! I brought in Heritage (which I didn't have before, except for the Anniversary Twist Colorway - which I've re-stocked as well), and restocked the Sport, Atlantic and Regal with old colors and new ones too! It looks like the rest of the Shibui has cleared customs, so I'm hoping for a delivery tomorrow! There are 8 more colors coming into stock. Don't forget that the next 100 orders (a little less now that some orders were placed over the weekend!) will be getting some awesome Robyn's Nest Swag that I specially brought in!

Don't forget that tomorrow, March 31st, is the end of the month. The end of the month means the end of a sock kit. Tomorrow is the last day that you can buy April's Sock Club kit. There are only a few spots left. I do have to tell you that Roxanne of Zen Yarn Garden did a fabulous job dying up the yarn (I just received it in stock and it's to die for!) and Michelle of Not an Artist did an incredible job with the pattern, so much that I'm in love with it! Michelle is absolutely a talented designer, and I'm so happy that I went with her as designer. She complimented Roxanne's yarn very nicely.

Better get some sleep. I need to get up early and finish cleaning/tidying my house, and bake an apple cake for my afternoon guests!

... 99 days til Mack is due....! 99!! Double digits... (I doubt I'll make it to single digits... but double! Ahhh!)

Day thirty. One more day to go. So damn proud. I can smell my book list on Chapters!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

yummo - apple count sounds delish! have fun w/ your friends!

ps - i agree that the bandaid thing was pretty rude. i would never open something in someone else's house w/o asking.

Andrea said...

Bit strange about the band-aids. It would be understandable if they needed a bandaid and just grabbed it cause it was out.

Jenn said...

I totally crave beer (I did with my last pregnancy as well) and it was in the last few months. I also had to fulfil my craving and have a sip as well and I don't think there's anything wrong with that and I hope you enjoyed it. There's something satisfying about finally easing a craving. :-)

Jennifer Lori said...

I guess for me it depends on the item. If I wanted a cookie from an unopened package, or anything from a package that had an actual seal on it, I'd ask if I could open it. However- if Jakob cut himself and you weren't around, I don't know if I could ask if I could open the box of bandaids. In that rush of moment I might not think you'd be returning them. Hmm....

pahkcah02 said...

Would I randomly go through someone's stash of band-aids and help myself? It depends. If I noticed that I needed one and you were sitting right next to me I'd probably ask you where you keep your band-aids. But if I needed one in the middle of the night I certainly wouldn't wake you up for that, I'd probably just help myself.

Bertha said...

I think if it was like my mom's house, or my MIL's house, I'd probably not think twice about opening a box of bandaids, but if it was ANYONE else's house, I'd ask them if they had a band-aid, or if it was somehow a band-aid emergency and didn't have time to ask, I'd at least mention it to them that I'd used one, and say, "I hope that's OK!" So, I don't think it's like a crime against humanity or anything, but yeah, seems like the polite thing to do would have been to ask so you could have given them a bandaid from the already open box...I don't know how old your nephew is, is it possible that he opened it? If so, I guess that's more understandable than if an adult did it. Oooh I'm getting so excited for this month's sock club! Can't wait to get my hands on that yarn and pattern!

Karine said...

Nah you're not crazy, opening your stuff without asking is beyond rude.

Maggie said...

I wouldn't use something at someone's house without asking first. If I needed something I would ask where it was kept or something before just getting what I need. Kind of like I wouldn't go through your fridge looking for a snack...same principle.

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

The "cheers" thing is so cute isn't it. My girl did that too and right after that we taught her to do the "rock" symbol which eventually evolved into "you rock" when she talked more. Sean will just continue to get cuter and cuter wait and see!

I would be miffed if someone helped themselves to stuff in my bathroom/medicine cabinet without asking - it seems like a bit of a voilation of personal space, family or not.....

Caroline said...

I think the band-aid thing was rude as well! Not a huge deal, you know, but still rude. I would have asked or at least told you if I had had to take one when you weren't around.

I hate beer so I doubt I'll ever crave it, but I know I'll miss wine like mad when I'll be pregnant. I'm sure a few sips during your pregnancy is not going to harm the baby!

sharon said...

a little weird about the bandaid, but if it was out and they needed one (or the screaming boy demanded one cause it had George on it) I would (unless middle of the night) ask, or have the screaming child ask for one.
beer - could use one now to kill the DEFINITELY NOT PREGNANT cramps. remind me a little of contractions...

g-girl said...

oh, that must've been cute to see sean do the 'shhh' motion!! i think i would've been annoyed too with the band-aid thing. :P i wouldn't open something in someone else's house without asking either. But then I thought what if it was an emergency and those were the first band-aids in view, you know?

Tara said...

While I normally wouldn't open just any sealed package without asking, I don't think I would have asked permission for a band-aid (sorry!). It's a medical supply. When you need one, you need one NOW, you know? Especially for a kids' booboo... But I'll know to ask first when I'm at your house next time! LOL!