Saturday, March 29, 2008

march twenty-nine :: 31 days :: day twenty-nine

Day twenty-nine. Stayed in all day, no trouble to be had!

Do you see that number above? By the time you read this post, it'll be UNDER 100 - but right now, for me, it's 100 days left. My doctor believes I'll "go" early - like with Sean, which brings me to way under 100 days left - but according to the Ultrasound Technician due date (July 7th, 2008), I've got 100 days to go. 100. One hundred. Yep, it's hitting me. I'm feeling huge. I'm uncomfortable already. I'm uncomfortable to sit. I'm uncomfortable to sleep. Nothing is comfortable. Shirts are getting too short (rolling up over belly). Pants are getting too tight (yeah, I've been not fully wearing pregnancy clothing!) 100 days! The end is finally in sight....!

This afternoon Jamie & I watched the movie The Darjeeling Limited. It's with Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman. It's about three American brothers who have not spoken to each other in a year set off on a train voyage across India with a plan to find themselves and bond with each other -- to become brothers again like they used to be. Their "spiritual quest", however, veers rapidly off-course (due to events involving over-the-counter pain killers, Indian cough syrup, and pepper spray), and they eventually find themselves stranded alone in the middle of the desert with eleven suitcases, a printer, and a laminating machine. At this moment, a new, unplanned journey suddenly begins. I really enjoyed it - I think Jamie fell asleep on the couch. I could have sworn I heard him snoring at one point - but I couldn't see because I had Sean sleeping on me.

After we finished watching that movie, I started watching August Rush. It's with Keri Russell and Robin Williams is in it too. I really enjoyed this movie. I definitely recommend it.

While watching the movies, I did find time to knit up my Wee Tiny Sock for my Wee Tiny Sock Swap Pal, which will go in the mail on Monday with some fun goodies for her. I don't think we're supposed to add in extra goodies - but I want to! Anyhow, this was my first tiny sock, and I loved knitting it! I so want to make more now!


Specs
Pattern: Wee Tiny Swap Sock by Emily Ivey
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts - Socks that Rock - Lucy - Lightweight
Needles: US 0 /2.0 mm
Timeline: 2 hours on March 29th, 2008
Next time? I'd not make the toe so pointy - but I followed the pattern to the tea
- and this was my first sock. So next time, I'd alter it, having done the pattern before.

Sean loves the song in this Macbook Air commercial. He dances to the commercial every single time it's on our TV. I just saw today, this parody to the commercial, it's so funny.

I pulled out What To Expect The Toddler Years from Sean's room. Apparently I have a smart boy. Check this out:

By the end of the 15th month (which he just started!) your toddler....

.... should be able to...
- walk well (yes, since 3 days before his 1st birthday)
- bend over and pick up an object (yep.... he does this in different ways too)
- use at least 1 word (can do more than 1!)

... will probably be able to....
- use 2 words (by 14 1/2 months) (He can use way more than 2 words) (Mama, dada, hot, hat, cheese, juice, up, down, just to name a few that I can think of now)
- drink from a cup (yes, but only a little at a time or it ends up all over him)
- scribble (scribble? THE KID CAN PAINT!)
- point to a desired object (yep, and then whines when he doesn't get it!)

... may possibly be able to....
- point to 1 body part when asked (yes, he can tell you where his or my nose is, as well as mouth. He's just about got ears. He can point to grandpa's mustache as well (Jamie's dad's).
- use a spoon/fork (but not exclusively). He can use a spoon on occasion, likes playing with it more, and tonight at dinner he surprised me with feeding himself with MY fork, which he took off my plate).
- build a tower of 2 cubes (He can build more than that with Mega Blocks). He's been building a lot this week with his daddy!

.... may even be able to ...
- feed a doll (Haven't tried yet... but will get back to you!)

This is fantastic! I think we'll go work on what 16 month olds are supposed to be doing this month! We'll be ahead of the game! Some of the things that Sean does, amazes me. The other day, he brought me a CD from his CD player (yeah, it's stupidly within his reach). So he brings it to me. His father goes and shows him that the CD player is where the CD goes, and shows him how to open it and where to put the CD and then how to close it. He comes back to me, (I'm still in bed) grabs the CD from me, and goes and puts it back into the CD player. He actually understood what Jamie said! Wow. There are a few other things about him that just amazes me. Like if you ask him for certain objects, he knows what they are, and will get them and bring them to you. For example, a ball, a block, his juice, just to name a few. The kid ain't stupid. That's for sure. And he just LOVES books. Which I'm glad for. I'm a reader. His father isn't. But he'll definitely be a reader. That's for sure.

Jamie went out this evening, so I hung out with Sean and then after he went to bed I finally got some laundry done, as well as put together some Robyn's Nest orders that will be mailed on Monday, as well as cleaned up a bit in my office. I took care of a few items on my TO DO list, but hey, it seems to never end. Like the never ending laundry. This week though, the laundry just doesn't stop. You see, we had out of town guests last weekend who used up a lot of towels and every single one of our blankets. I had given them enough blankets to sleep with, etc, but apparently that wasn't enough, and they took the rest off my blanket rack and now I have to wash every single one of them. Ugh! Drives me insane. So of course, the laundry just never ends.

Speaking of Robyn's Nest - we have some new Colinette Jitterbug colorways up for sale. I managed to get a few up (more coming tomorrow). We have Popsicle, Velvet Leaf, Velvet Plum, Velvet Olive & Kingfisher. All beautiful colorways. Don't forget that the next 100 orders will be getting some awesome Robyn's Nest Swag!

Last night I started reading Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot. I borrowed it from my sister. As soon as I'm done with it - providing that I enjoy it, I have Queen of Babble in the Big City by Meg Cabot to read. So far, I'm 2 chapters into the first book in that series, and I'm not sure yet my opinion. We'll see after a few more chapters. I've been trying to read every night before going to bed, to try and get back into reading. (I'm still even behind on my blog reading - which I'm getting caught up - slowly). Having time as a stay-at-home mom? Ha! What's that!? Especially with a business on that I run from home. Time? No idea what that is! But I really want to get back into reading - I have so many books on my bookcase that I want to read. I just need to find more time (which will disappear even further once Mackenzie is born, that I'm aware of!)

Day twenty-nine. Can you say counting down the hours???? As of now.... only 50 hours 29 minutes.

5 comments:

Bea said...

I'm with Sean on the commercial. Its Yael Naim. I've ordered her CD there was some other chick who did one too that I ordered (well in my wishlist on Amazon). I am so influenced by music in commercials even though we don't watch tv at all. Chris watches Youtube and then I hear something and go find more of that sound.

Jenny said...

I can't believe you are down to the double digit countdown! Wow, it is getting so close and I bet you are anxious too.

RetroB said...

Teeny Weeny sock is too cute.

g-girl said...

oh, i watched 'august rush' while I was at my parents' house and really liked it too! :)

Tara said...

August Rush is on my "to watch" list. Jonathan Rhys Myers is fo freakin' HOT!!! Oooh baby.