Monday, April 21, 2008

april twenty-one :: 29 weeks pregnant


Today I'm 29 weeks pregnant. This morning my mother took me to my OB appointment, so she could watch Sean while I went in for my appointment. So my doctor did some measurements and calculations and feels that it's possible that July 7th does make sense, but that I will go early, so it'll be end of June for Mackenzie's arrival. He figure about a week to two weeks early. He says that when your water breaks with a first pregnancy, chances are my water will break again (early) with the second. Sorry, chances are is not the right words. Most definitely likely. Anyhow, we'll see what happens. I also had no problems with my glucose test (PHEW!) and everything is looking great. Thanks goodness. He also said that pains that I've been feeling, are contractions. Uhm - ok! I didn't realize! Cool, I guess? Thank goodness they don't hurt! (For now anyhow). The only thing that sucks is that I'm swollen. And the swelling is adding on weight. I feel gross in that regard. Especially with the heat outside. I'm happy we have central air - but still. I'm still feeling hot these days, but it's cool outside, so we don't have the AC on yet.

I ran a bunch of errands with my mother before heading back home. Checked out a bunch more stores for a Dish Chair. (Or Saucer chair as some places call it). Anyhow, Pier 1 also doesn't have it - only the Papasan chair, which is like 120$ and not in my price range and not what I wanted. Anyhow, I'm just going to keep my eye open..... we'll see what I find. Hopefully something soon, because I really want to be able to sit comfortably on the patio off my master bedroom and enjoy a book.

Upon getting home this afternoon I took Sean to the park up the street from our house (not the one in front of our house in the circle) and tested out our new wagon. The wagon, my parents purchased with Airmiles last year for Sean. We actually have had it since we lived in the duplex. So it actually moved with us. But with airmiles, you never know what they'll still have in stock when you go ahead and order, so we ordered the wagon right away when seeing it in the catalogue.

Sean had a FANTASTIC time at the park. He played a bit with 17 month old Joshua (whom I assume lives near by - maybe we'll see him and his older sister again) but it's cute because Sean is not even 16 months yet, and he towered over the 17 month old. (Tomorrow, Sean has his belated 15 month check-up, so I'll be finding out what percentile he's in).

I definitely plan on taking Sean back to this park up the street as often as possible. He really enjoyed being at this park, and he just absolutely LOVES being outside. I cannot wait to fence in our backyard so that I can sit outside, and let Sean run around the backyard. However, with no fence, I can't do that, because Sean doesn't stop moving, and he's fast.

This evening we watched the Habs game on TV. GO HABS GO! I cannot believe that we played such a FANTASTIC GAME! A shutout none the less! We won 5-0!! The PRICE is right!! The Kostitsyn brothers scored goals this evening, one of the goals with only 7.3 seconds left in the last period. Andrei Kostitsyn scored 2 of the goals tonight, actually. The last 2 goals were Komisarek and Streit. Very damn proud of my boys tonight. Jamie said that if they won tonight, we'd get a huge Habs flag and drape it on the outside of the house. Until I find the flag, I'm putting a Habs blanket that we got outside. (First thing tomorrow morning!) Draping it right off my bedroom - on the patio!

GO HABS GO! What a fucking great game. Sorry to those Boston fans..... but a last few words for you.... "Na na na na, hey, hey hey.... Goodbye....."

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

that was an awesome game...watched the third period and thought about you the whole time...i knew you were so happy watching at home! my hubby is a goalie, so i kinda felt bad for thomas on the 5th goal...just rubbed salt in the wound, but still so excited that the habs won cuz we're definitely rooting for them!

Bertha said...

Even though I generally root for all Boston sports teams, I freaking hate hockey (sorry!) so I am glad the Habs won so that Matt can't make me watch it anymore!!

Amelah said...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/STAR-WARS-DARTH-VADER-SAUCER-CHAIR-ADULT-FULL-SIZED-BIG_W0QQitemZ200217900279QQihZ010QQcategoryZ154QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HAHA if u like star wars!!!! LOL :)

Game was AWESOME last night! Glad I got to experience it LIVE!!! :) GO HABS GO!!!!

Awww Sean looks so cute @ the park!! U never called me to hang out :( So sad...

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Habs! I heard them talking about it on the radio this morning and they were like, what the... with the fans because it was the only first round.

Sean is so cute!

Bea said...

GO Habs Go! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful day at the park.

Jenny said...

That park looks so cool! It is great to have something like that nearby.

I must admit I was rooting for the Bruins, but mainly because if the Avs go all the way, I would have loved to see them play close by!

cinnamongirl93 said...

It's great that you son loves to play outside. Outdoor playtime is the best! He will sleep like a rock after a day in the park. BTW you look great!

Sharon said...

Huge congrats on the new bun - stumbled on your blog from Patty's (knitgirl68) and was curious about what your dr told you re: your waters breaking the second time around.

My water broke with my daughter and she was 2 weeks early (that's how labor started, I wasn't in active labor yet.) I'm 26 weeks preggo now and was curious if it would happen again. I'll have to ask my midwife about this because, girl, I'm not really feeling like being big and pregnant in the middle of the summer, you know? heh.

Tara said...

I was so bummed I missed that game (I had choir practice)!

g-girl said...

great shots at the park! :) glad to hear the glucose test went well!