Monday, June 09, 2008

june nine :: 36 weeks pregnant

36 weeks pregnant. (Look at my belly button mark through my shirt! I am happy I still have an innie. Never got an outie during my pregnancy with Sean too). Wow, 9 full months pregnant. (Technically pregnancy is 10 months. 40 weeks divided by 4 weeks per month (on average) = 10 months....) Next week, I'm considered full term at 37 weeks. And I'm going to be doing everything possible to induce labor! Raspberry Leaf Tea, something about brownies, spicy food, long walks, and a ton of other ways too.... Must get Mackenzie out..... I'm soooooo uncomfortable now, to the point that I'm not even sleeping properly anymore....

Saw this (above) at Walmart today. Could someone explain it to me?

Here's a close-up of the sippy cups... I just don't get it.

This morning I had an OB appointment, and from now on until I deliver, I'll be going weekly. Every Monday morning. Next Monday happens to be my birthday, so that should be interesting. Sean has his 18 month check-up next Monday as well (getting his last set of shots for a while). Doctor's assessment is that Mackenzie has dropped and is on his way down, but my cervix is still
shut.

I have a question in regards to anyone who has any vegetable gardening knowledge. I have no idea when to pick my peas (Lincoln/Homesteader) or my beans (Stringless Green Pod). For the peas, it reads: "Successive sowing may be made every two weeks until early summer." Does that mean that every 2 weeks they are ready for picking to eat? It gives me no other information about maturity (like my radishes tell me on the package "Maturity: 24-28 days". And for the beans, it reads: "Cultivate shallow and often until blossoms appear. Avoid working among the plants or picking while foliage is damp." I'm not really sure when to pick them for eating...? Anyone have any insight on them?

I planted two of the three tomato plants tonight, the Cherry Tomato and the Beefsteak tomato plants. I'm so excited for them to start producing vegetables!

I had all intentions to make meat sauce today, but it didn't work out. I ran some errands this afternoon while my mom and sister had some fun chilling with Sean. I have my mother-in-law coming over tomorrow to help me with the meat sauce (and meat balls). I'm missing two ingredients (which I didn't realize), so I'll be going out in the morning to get them.

I've been working all evening on the June sock club kit stitch markers. These ones are really hard on my nails. I can't wait to get the June sock kit in the mail. They will also be ready for Montreal pick-up very soon. (Wednesday and after). The July Club kits are selling, and I am so very excited about them, since they are the last one before the sock club goes on a mini-vacation pending Mackenzie's arrival.

I missed 2 packages from the postman today, and he usually leaves that kind of mail on my door stop. I'm curious as to what I missed, but I can't go pick them up until after 1pm tomorrow. I will try on my way home from my morning errands, I'm very curious as to what I am receiving, as there is a ton of stuff I'm still expecting in the mail including some swap packages and some stuff I ordered. Oh, I heart mail.

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Successive sowing means you need to continue to plant seeds in order to have peas/beans all summer long. You'll only get one harvest from the plants.

Drea said...

the turkey is done once u see that button :-)

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

The sippy cups made me giggle - if it's any consolation they have them here, in the land of the Oilers in Walmart! I think the big wigs in the U.S. must think the whole country of Canada cheers for the Leafs?

Your still lookin' good! I am on the weekly plan too. He checked me last week and he told me nothing (and I was too foggy headed to ask!). I've been getting contractions and nausea so that's a good sign right? Not to much longer, we can do it!!!!

I also hear you about the sleeping thing. Yesterday I got a massage and slept until 8:30 this morning, and slept well! Now if I could only get a massage everyday until the baby comes....

Tara said...

Man, your pregnancy shots are really taking me back. I should totally send you some of me with Maxime. I looked as though I had a football helmet growing out of my belly!

Lucy said...

Just keep an eye on all the different veg. The dates on the packages give you an idea of when they will be ready, but you will be able to see the pods and the peas in the grow until they are round (if they are the normal peas rather than stir fry ones) and then you pick them. You'll see the beans grow long and round and then you pick them... When each different veg looks ready to eat you pick it and leave the rest of the plant until they look ready. Good luck! ...feel free to ask me other questions, I've had a garden going most years both growing up and now as an adult!

My little boy is now 10 weeks as of yesterday. Between him and the girls and my garden and house I've been kept busy - I am working on a sock... some day I'll post to my blog again! good luck with the end of your pregnancy!

Casey said...

not a fan of the Leafs? I haven't seen those around, if I do I need to hide them from my dad, he'd buy them up for my daughter really fast.

My daughter is going for her 18 month shots on Thursday, not looking forward to it. I hate when they feel pain from them! :(

Heddy said...

the little hockey helmets on the sippy's are cute -- do they have them in Habs too, or just the Leafs?

Lucy is bang on with herdescription of successive plantings, and how to knwo when the veggies are done ... with lettuce, peas , beans, radishes, onions and carrots, if you want more than a week of eating from them, be sure to plant more seeds every few weeks. You can plant radishes thickly (carrots too) and thin them out once they start growing. The radishes you can check on by looking at the base of the leaves where they touch the ground - once youy see a radish looking bump, you can pull one and see if they "look ready to eat". Then eat em.

sharon said...

Michelle is correct on the planting. For the beans, they mean, once the flowers are out, try not to bother the plants too much as if you knock the flowers, the beans don't good. You look good.
I heart mail too and I am waiting on a swap package, a club package and a yarn order. Patience is not strong with me.

Jenny said...

You look great--my belly button popped out at week 39...

Bea said...

I say when you hit 37 weeks doing everything you can to make things happen can only be good!

Anonymous said...

The no-fail way to test for maturity with peas and beans is to pick one and eat it! It is sad if they get too old and lose their sweetness, and the only way to get good at recognizing peak harvest time is by experimenting and tasting often.

By the way - because the weather warms up, the beans planted two weeks later are probably going to be ready to start picking more like a week after the first. They just grow much faster in the warm soil than the first ones do.

Too bad that veggies don't have that doneness button like turkeys and other things!

g-girl said...

i heard cheese is supposed to help induce labor too.

Todd said...

I hope you won't mind me saying that I did indeed notice your bellybutton mark through your shirt,for I have to admit that the very first thing I look at when I see a pregnant belly is what kind of bellybutton is on it.As big and round and beautiful as your pregnant belly was,a large outie bellybutton would have rendered it nothing short of AWESOME and AMAZING and BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!