Tuesday, October 14, 2008

october fourteen :: 17 weeks old

Mack is 17 weeks old today. Friday he turns 4 months old.

This morning Mack had his new swimming class. I like the Tuesday group WAY better than the Saturday morning group better. More English speaking moms and babies, and I like the teacher a lot better as well. I'm so happy we switched. Plus we have the entire pool to our one class. So much more room, and so much better. And less busy in the changing room afterwards as well.

Today's earrings.

Today I did a lot of paper work, and I must finish more paper work tomorrow so that I can go to Rhinebeck this weekend and not worry about work at home. I want to have fun this weekend!

Speaking of Rhinebeck - will you be going?

This afternoon after getting Sean from daycare we went to the park in front of our house. (He's doing better at daycare, the afternoons are cry-free, but the mornings he is still crying off an on for me). I hope a week or two more and he'll be cry-free all day and want me to drop him off there!

Even Mr. Mack enjoyed some fresh air.

Multi-tasking by holding both kids as they both want to be held at the same time. I thought it wasn't possible, but it is! Thank heavens Mack doesn't weigh too much. My boys love their mommy!

Tonight I went to the Montreal Knitting Guild meeting. We had some speakers tonight, including a display from Ariadne and Kate Gilbert talking about Twist Collective. We got a sample goodie bag with some yarn samples from Ariadne as well as a Twist Collective tape measure. (I'll photograph the goodies in daylight tomorrow).


Tonight I got to touch Little Birds in the flesh (in above photo) as well as other patterns that are in the Premiere issue of Twist, as well as get a sneak preview of what's coming out in the next issue of Twist! Some nice stuff I have to say! I also got to try on this exact February Lady Sweater (for size) tonight, which I plan to make for myself after I'm done with all my deadline knitting. I'm tossed between two colors of Dream in Color Classy. (I have 16 delicious colorways in stock!)

My THREE year blogaversary is on Tuesday, October 21st, 2008. For my Blogaversary Contest (not related to my stash contest) if you can guess how many pictures I will take this weekend at Rhinebeck (we're leaving Friday coming back Sunday night or Monday - not sure yet - it'll depend on how much shopping time my mother gets in!) I will cater a prize towards the the winner. So there! You have it... my blogaversary contest. I hadn't forgotten about it - I just didn't know what I wanted to do with it. For a bonus - if you can guess acurately how many skeins of yarn I'll purchase this weekend, I'll draw for a 2nd prize! Entries will only be valid on this post.

I've uploaded Earrings for sale in my shop. 50% of the profits will be donated to Breast Cancer Research. Come on by and buy some! FREE SHIPPING!

43 comments:

Bea said...

I'm so glad you like Tuesday morning swimming better. It means the change was a really good idea. Also glad that he's not crying all day still.

Lets see for your contest. I think you'll take 46 photos. Who knows if you are the one that takes a million and sorts through to find just the best ones or if you take photos and only do them once. I think you'll buy 11 skeins of yarn.

Laura said...

Okay, Robyn. Have fun at Rhinebeck! Wish I could go, but have a son getting married this weekend. Maybe next year.

I have a guess of 225 picutes, I know it's a lot but you like to take pictures.

And my guess for your purchases: 16 skeins.

Love your earring pictures.

Lynn said...

342 pictures

24 skeins

Have a great time. Looking forward to hearing about it.

gaspe knitting gal said...

Robyn , i think you will take 120 pictures and buy 21 skeins of yarn

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn! Hmm....let me see: 78 pictures, 13 skeins of yarn. Have fun, I want to hear all about it!

Amelah said...

For skeins you will purchase I guess aroun 8-10. The reason for this is because we are allowed to declare $400 each and we both commented that we won't pass that! If a skein is roughly $18-$20 each, that is $200 you would spend!!!

Pictures...lol...ummm...well I will be taking some too so does that count? I guess 358!!!! LOL

Caroline said...

I wish I could go to Rhinebeck! I hope you'll have fun!

I say you'll take 178 pics and buy 21 skeins!

Ali P said...

I guess fifty bahjillion.

Bertha said...

I think you'll take 132 pictures and buy 8 skeins of yarn!

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Rhineback (one of these days I'll be there)! I guess about 350 pictures and 20 skeins of yarn.

I love the picture of Mack in his car seat (am I right?) and Sean on the slide.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing 98 photos (I think you'll limit it because you'll have full hands with kids/yarn), and I'm guessing only 6 skeins of yarn, because you have a shop. :)

Jenny said...

Oh Kate Gilbert. She designed that Clapotis I am working on. I wish we had some cool knitting events like that around here.

Glad to hear that things are getting easier at daycare. Soon he will be trotting off without even a wave!

Anonymous said...

These are the earrings you made right? They're lovely!

Oh and let me hazard some guesses:
427 pictures
19 skeins
(of course, I've gotten to read the other guesses)

:P

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I think you will buy 12 skeins/balls of yarn, and I think you'll have 162 pictures.

Heddy said...

I trhink 212 pictures will be taken and 7 skeins of yarny goodness (I also think you'll come home with some fibre, and possibley a drop spindle - fibre fairs do that to a girl!)

Have fun!

Hattie said...

I'll be at Rhinebeck! Well, on Sunday anyway. :)

wenat said...

I'll guess 123 photos and that you'll buy 13 skeins of yarn. Just because I like those numbers. Have a great time!

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I'm going to guess that you'll take 114 photos. As for yarn, I think you will show great restraint and only buy 17 skeins. I'm thinking this new yarn might knock me out of the running in your stash contest, if I haven't already been.

ikkinlala said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at Rhinebeck (I have to admit I'm a little jealous, though)!

I'm going to guess that you'll take 87 pictures and buy 9 skeins of yarn.

Unknown said...

Happy Blogaversary!

I'm saying.... 50 pictures and you'll buy sock yarn.

Angele said...

Have a great time at Rhinebeck

I am guessing you'll take 286pictures and you will buy 14 skeins

Anonymous said...

765 pictures

24 skiens

Turtle said...

Have a wonderful time...green with envy here! i am guessing 216 pictures and 24 skeins of yarn.

Secretly Spun said...

Well I filled a 2G card in a few days so I'll say 897 photos (What can I say - I found the burst mode and the ones with different exposures automatically taken really useful - great for sunsets). I'll go for 16 skeins adn 750 g of misc other fibery things (do you Spin? Quilt?)

Kristen said...

I'll guess that you will take 112 photos and buy 31 skeins. Have a great time at Rhinebeck!!!

Elaine said...

Since your posts tend to be heavy into photos, I'm guessing 444 photos. As for skeins - hmmm - maybe 22.

Unknown said...

I'm going with .... 426 pictures just cuz it sounded like a nice round number....sorta.

Skeins of yarn.....19 in case some are more expensive due to type of wool, etc.

Did you pick a survey winner for your SP12 group? I couldn't tell and can't remember if it was something you were going to post or if you would just contact the winner. My brain is mush these days! And btw you were a super awesome hostess!!!!

Trish said...

Ok, so lets see,

Pictures - 362
Skeins - 25

Have FUN!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you. Have great fun!

Photos - 290
Skeins - 17

Anonymous said...

500 photos.

15 skeins of yarn and some roving "to try".

crochetgurl said...

Hello! I believe my previous guess was around 248 pictures, and I would say the skeins guess would be 12. :-) Have fun!

katerina said...

hmmm.. pictures I'll say 214 and yarn... 12 skeins

have fun! can't wait to see the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I thought I posted yesterday, but I guess not.

I think I guessed 290 photos, and 19 skeins. Well anyway, that's what I'm guessing now.

Have lots and lots of fun on your trip.

Unknown said...

Lucky you. I hope you really enjoy your trip and get some great yarn.

I'll guess 370 pics and 15 skeins

Anonymous said...

Based on how many pics I take of my grandkids in a few days....I'm going to guess 793! Have fun!

Angela said...

118 photos and 12 skeins of yarn.

have a super time!

Unknown said...

It's a tough call since you obviously love taking photos - your blog just screams that daily. But you also love yarn and your Ravelry page screams that. It's going to be a tough decision what to touch at any given moment - the yarn or your camera even if your mother and sister do take care of the kids.

So I'll guess 522 photos - on the high side but not nuts, and I'll guess 30 skeins to make it worth the trip.

Zoe said...

Hmmm, I think you will take 601 photos and buy 17 skeins of yarn.

Have fun!

purple-power said...

I hope you're having fun and pacing yourself. Wish I was there!

I'll guess 260 photos and 18 skeins.

Unknown said...

Really fun contest. I'm guessing 200 photos. The weather is perfect in the northeast, but you really do want to use your hands for fondling yarn sometimes. As for the number of skeins - I'm going to guess on the high side. I don't think you'll be able to control yourself surrounded by yarnie goodness. I'll guess 44 skeins.

Cakers said...

Oh my, great idea for a contest. My blogaversary is in 10 days so I need to think of something too!

For you, I'll guess 102 pictures and 14 skeins of yarn.

Have a grand time!

IrishGirl said...

If you're anything like me...I'd say 700+ pics! I went to tour my sons college and that's how many I took in 2 Days! LOL ;) Any mom with a digital camera can understand. Just don't ask me how many I've actually PRINTED out...pathetic, just pathetic!

g-girl said...

glad to hear the switch to a Tuesday swim class for Mack works out much better for you all! love the yellow earrings!