Tuesday, January 27, 2009

january twenty seven :: 32 weeks old

Mack is 32 weeks old today.

Just as I love Sean more and more every day, my love for Mack grows as well every day.

He's almost outgrown Judy's Grandmother's Baby Sweater (which is 6 month size). I can't believe that he won't fit into it anymore soon. He's growing up so fast!

This afternoon Mack & I went with my mother to visit Jenn. Henri will be 3 weeks old this Thursday. He's so tiny! I forgot how small they are at that age. Mack (who is only 7 and a half months old) is super BIG compared to Henri. It was a nice visit, and Mack was curious with Henri, not sure what to make of him. It was cute.

On the way home I checked out this grocery store that's around the corner from my house. I'd never been there before, but I can tell you that I'm impressed. They have a great selection of fruits & vegetables, and I am VERY impressed with the quality of their veggies that I picked up. I also picked up a few other items that I needed for dinner, and I think I'd definitely shop there again. They're within walking distance from my place, but I wouldn't walk there in this weather.

This picture represents Sean right now. On. the. go. Never. stopping. for. a. minute. He has a lot of energy, and doesn't know how to sit still. I need to start looking for activities on the weekend to keep Sean active. During the week he gets gym time and music and dancing and all those types of activities at daycare. Wow, am I exhausted every evening after chasing him around. I'm starting to feel it more and more every night.

I need to remember tomorrow to take a pen & paper with me to daycare tomorrow to jot down the list of names of the kids in Sean's class. I don't know what's usually done, but I bought valentines for his classmates. I thought it would be super cute. I just need to find out what the other kid's names are. (Their names are all on a cork board in the classroom with their birthdays, so I can just get it from there tomorrow). What do you guys do for your kid's friends for Valentines day? Anything at all? This is the first year Sean's anywhere in a class type environment, so I really want to do it!

Jamie & I hung out again this evening, and we watched the Habs game that was on TV. (We missed the beginning of it, since Sean watched some Caillou before he went to bed tonight). We let him watch some TV before bed every night, sometimes it's Caillou, sometimes it's Sesame Street and sometimes it's Barney. We let him choose. He likes having options. Most of the things these days, we give him this or that. This way he gets to choose. It's much better that way. And he feels in charge of what's going on. (Ok, I'll admit, I just spent sometime on the Sesame Street Website that I just hyperlinked - it's totally cute. Grover does this whole shtick when you get to the page, it's totally cute. Go on - check it out!

8 comments:

Ali P said...

Valentines solution....Just leave the To: part blank or write My Friend and sign them from Sean.
No names list and noone gets left out or forgotten as long as you have enough cards.

michelle w said...

Good discovery...Marche Adonis is fantastic, I wish I lived around the corner! When I lived in Dorval my mom and I would drive to DDO just to go there. Mmmm feta cheese.

Maaike said...

I can't believe that you never discovered Adonis before. You're so lucky you're so close. If I lived where you did, I'd be walking there a few times a week in the summertime for sure! Their marinated shish taouk chicken is amazing on the BBQ. The fruits and veggies there are always good and cheap.

Bea said...

hmmm...I wonder what you are supposed to do with Valentines.

Unknown said...

Cool that you have a good market within walking distance in good weather. That's a nice outing with the boys.

g-girl said...

i'm with AliP--just sign them from Sean. how exciting that you get to create some vday stuff! I used to do goody bags for my students.

Anonymous said...

It is always amazing to see how much they've grown when compared to newborns. He is looking like such a happy camper!

Tara said...

You'd never been to Adonis? Wow, shocking for a city girl!

Our daycare usually had a little letter box for Valentines for the kids, and they give each other cards. Must do that this weekend!