Tuesday, February 10, 2009

february ten :: 34 weeks old

Mack is 34 weeks old today.

The little devil likes to stick out his tongue.

And is still crawling backwards under things. This time - the bed. Silly boy! He's going to end up getting stuck! And then when he can't go backwards any further, he cries. I'm excited for him to learn to crawl forward. Or maybe he'll walk and never crawl - who knows. He's certainly very stable on his legs, and likes to stand... Since he's skinny - he can carry his own weight - that's for sure.

We didn't go to swimming this morning, I avoided it because of my cold. Plus Mack still has a bit of a cough. Slight, though. It was for the best. Plus, I'm totally unmotivated to go into the pool this week. I think I'll end up missing out on my aqua class tomorrow. I want my cold to go away and not get worse, plus I do not want Mack's cough to get worse either.

Today I ran into the city in the afternoon to pick up a wholesale order. Since I was in the city I did a little bit of thrifting - which I don't do often, but secretly did enjoy. I have a few things on my "look out for" list - so I actually got a few things off that list. I'm super happy about that.

This evening I had to feed both boys before my mom got to my house, as she was watching them while I went to the Montreal Knitting Guild Meeting. Trying to feed two kids at the same time is rather interesting. And because I was feeding Mack, Sean wanted me to feed him too, and it was the only way I was able to get him to eat this evening, so there I was feeding spoonfuls of pasta to Sean while feeding "mush" (purée) to Mackenzie. I had to call it mush to Sean, who kept asking me to try it. I told him he wouldn't like "mush" because it was for babies, and he is a big boy now, who eats big boy food. It took a bit of convincing, but I finally got him to agree that he should eat his food. I just didn't have that time tonight to have it any other way.

My mother got there just as the boys were finishing their meal and I got my stuff organized and I got to the meeting. It was a really nice meeting tonight, one fo the members was showing us how to do a Moebius cast on, and it was really interesting. I worked on my step-mother-in-law's vest, and chatted with Christine & Maaike. It was a really good evening.

Though, since I had lack of sleep last night (was up all night working til the wee hours of the morning - stupid - I know... but I was on a roll... and well... I'm a night owl, what can I say?? I shouldn't do that again...!) I'm off to bed.

6 comments:

kalyle said...

What a cutie patoot! thx for 'visiting' me... hope you're having fun with the swap =-)

Sharon said...

Glad to read that you're feeling better. Hope you're totally rid of that cold soon.
As for the food thing, Monkey does the same thing. She always wants to eat Bean's baby food. I let her have a taste of the mushed veggies, which is usually enough to convince her that, yes, her food really is much better. heh.

Tara said...

Wow, I remember looking at Sean's "34 weeks old" pics! Time sure flies...

Summer said...

He sure is a cute boy!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute picture of the two of you! With you holding him has shown how much he's grown.

g-girl said...

glad you were able to get away with sean not having any of mack's food!
a moebius cast on? that's something I need to learn to do too!