Friday, February 27, 2009

february twenty-seven

This morning I went to go see my nutritionist, and I'm down 13.6 lbs and I've lost almost 20 inches over all, all over my body. I think I've lost a good 3-4 inches off my waist, maybe even more. (I forgot to look at my chart before leaving). It feels great. I'm feeling so much better, and more energetic. I still have some more that I want to lose, but I'm officially back at pre-Mack weight. Now I just need to get back to pre-Sean weight, which I want to get to what I was on my wedding date. That's my goal for now, and it's totally achievable! I know I can do it, I just need to keep my mind to it.

Today we had music with our friends. This is the class that I organized, and it's so much fun. (Unlike the other class that we take mid-week that I can't stand some of the mom's in that class - I don't think I'll be taking that class again next session, but maybe in the fall again, we'll see).

Class was a lot of fun today, but Mack was in a cranky mood before going to music and I had to drive around for a good 45 minutes before class to that he would sleep. There was no point in putting him in his crib when we had 45 minutes until we had to be at music, so I drove for a bit, picked up something from my mother's house, went and sat outside the girl's house where the music is held and worked on a sock that I'm designing. Anything to get a cranky child to nap! He was fine during music, but then upon getting home, he had a bottle and fell back asleep, and he slept pretty much until I woke him up so that we could get him ready to go pick up Sean from daycare.

Mack's super cute in his little Dr. Scholl's Shoes. (They even have Dr. Scholl's insoles in them!) Really! Why? He's not walking, so I have no idea why.

After picking up Sean from daycare (who was a really good boy at daycare today) but who was a monster upon picking him up (he didn't want to put on his boots/jacket/hat, etc... but wanted to run around the daycare - the quick little bugger), we headed to my parents house for dinner. Dinner was nice, it was just my parents, myself & the 2 boys, and we had fish that was prepared in my parents steamer. Oh wow... and it only took 7 minutes to prepare. I usually make my fish in the oven, for 20 minutes (on 400F degrees). I am honestly considering doing it in my steamer, but then how would I prepare my steamed veggies, which I do in the steamer while the fish is baking in the oven? I didn't think this through, so we'll have to see. And I can't make the veggies first, because minutes after the veggies are out of the steamer they start to get cold, and if you wait too long, they don't taste as good as freshly out of the steamer. So we'll see.

What a handful it was tonight to put both boys to bed almost at the same time. Both Mack & Sean go to bed around 8 pm (Mack sometimes earlier if he's a basket case and can't keep his eyes open), but tonight, alone, was a challenge. Jamie went out this evening to watch the Habs game at a friends house. However, tonight, having gone to my parents house for dinner, we were there until just after 8pm, so they went to bed straight from being out, not too much later, but still, later than their usual bedtime.

And now, I'm sitting on the couch, not really sure what to watch on TV, because I'm pretty much all caught up on the shows that I watch without Jamie. I think I'll go back and pick up my knitting, and enjoy some peace & quiet.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats on the weight and inches lost! That is fantastic and I know it is not easy so keep motivated.

Bea said...

WHy not get a second steamer? Congrats on the weight loss.

g-girl said...

that is absolutely fantastic how quickly you're losing weight!!! i'm so excited for you! was mack maybe catching something?

Tara said...

Yay pre-Mack weight!!! You could try steaming your veggies in the microwave while your fish is in the steamer...