Tuesday, August 11, 2009

august eleven

We had our last Tuesday class this morning with our fave music entertainers. I ended up signing up for their fall class starting in September. I put him in the 14-24 month class this time, at the earlier time slot. He'll be 15 months the week that the class starts. (He turns 14 months next Monday). This time, he was in the 3-14 month class, and I'm finding it to be a little boring. I know he's not walking yet, but there are a lot of kids a lot younger than him in the class. So he has no motivation from other kids to walk, etc. Or to stimulate him at his own level. Though, if I didn't take this class this past session, I wouldn't have met my new friend D. Her son is just under 4 months younger than Mack. (He was born on Yom Kippur (highest Jewish holiday) last year).

Mack had a good time in his class, as always.
He looks like such a big boy with his new haircut.
I can't get over it.

It's amazing how either big these kids are, or how tiny Mack is. A lot of these babies are a lot younger than him! (Except for the girl in the picture).

I didn't have a babysitter today, so Mack came with me to work. Jamie and I figured we'd try to see if he'd last in the Pack'n'play. My mom usually watches Mack while I work, but she is contagious for 48 hours from last night with Bronchitis. I hope she feels better soon.

Mackie gave me about 2 and a half hours before he really got cranky. There was no way I was getting him to nap there. I did surprisingly get a lot of work accomplished in the two and a half hours I was there.

I know, you don't have to tell me how ugly looking my office is. It's rather....boring. Everything's just blah. I plan to spice it up in there with some pictures of the kids, maybe a painting made by Sean (though Jamie's got all of that already in his office). But I'd like some of that in my office too.

Look at that face. Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks?

I ran some errands on the way home from work before picking up Sean from daycare. These days, it's just so much easier to do errands with just one kid. One of the errands, I ran into a thrift shop for my friend to see if I could get my hands on a game of Operation. Her son was playing Operation over the weekend with another friend and after the game was over he took the tiny pieces that came with the game and tossed them into the garbage (or was it recycling bin) at the camp site where everyone throws their garbage. She was so upset over it, as she now has to replace her friend's game. They were able to recover some of the pieces that he chucked, but 4 were missing. I thought maybe they'd have a game on sale, but they didn't. I know I'd seen Operation at a thrift shop before. I guess I just wasn't so lucky today. I'm still going to keep my eye open for one. She would just go to the toy store and buy her friend a new one, but the problem is, it's the original Operation game, and the newer edition isn't the same. They don't make them like they used to. If anyone sees a game at a thrift shop do let me know! They usually go for anywhere between 1.99 to 3.99 at thrift shops. I'd love to help my friend out so she stops stressing out! I have one more place to look in the next day or so.

Tonight I chilled at home with Jamie after the boys went to bed. We watched Big Brother which was on tv tonight, and I worked some more on my Clapotis. I'm really starting to like Russell, so I hope that he doesn't go home this week. We'll have to wait and see what Jeff does this week with the power that he has. If Russell goes home, I'm not sure I want anyone else to win. (Plus Russell is majorly good looking!)

I'm feeling better today. My runny nose seems to be not so runny anymore. Which is a darn good thing. How one gets a cold in summer... I have no idea.

Sean's been going to bed really well for the last few nights. I don't want to jinx anything, so I won't say it out loud, but he's been a very good boy at bed time. No complaints here. We (or rather I) had some rough nights putting him to bed last week, but this week so far, so good. Hopefully it'll stay this way.

4 comments:

g-girl said...

glad to hear that sean has cleaned up his night routine with you (at least for now!). oh no..hope you can help your friend out by finding an original version of Operation that is pretty much in tact. glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. oh with all the weird weather changes, people are bound to catch a cold of some sort! how fun mack got to go to work with you-and you got work done during the time he wasn't cranky!

Bea said...

I think moving up the class will be good for both of you. He'll benefit a lot from that extra stimulation I think. Well at least the pack and play worked for a bit! Making up your office will make it more fun to be there. Though I imagine having that cutie staring at you helps some. :)

Tara said...

That's sweet of you to look out for your friend.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. I would like to get updated with you new posts as I love to read your blog. Add me to your mailing list if you have any.