Monday, August 17, 2009

august seventeen :: 14 months old

Mackenzie is 14 months old today.

We left Mississauga at around 9:30 am this morning. Jamie wanted an early start on driving. He once again did all the driving home - what a great husband he was. That allowed me to work on my knitting all the way home. I am now working on a test knit for one of my designs. I honestly thing I will be able to finish it tomorrow. The quickest test knit I've ever done. Yesterday I did the ribbing and today I started the leg, turned the heel, shaped the gusset and started working on the foot. Super fast. I love it. And the pattern is coming out very nicely. I'm loving it.

We ended up meeting up with my in-laws, sister-in-law and nephew at a rest stop just before Kingston, Ontario. Didn't realize they left just after us. We had lunch there (actually everyone but me had lunch there as there was nothing for me to eat there), so we ended up stopping in Gananoque, Ontario for me to pick up something for lunch. What a cute little town. I really want to go back again and see what neat things that town has to offer. The entrance to the town, off the highway reads "The gateway to the Thousand Islands"... I definitely want to come back and see what that little town has to offer. I told Jamie that I want to take the kids sometime to the Thousand Island for a vacation. I've heard wonderful things about the area. And apparently there is a lot of things to do there.

Upon getting home I noticed 2 chairs on our front walkway. My grandmother was getting rid of them and my mother thought they would look nice in front of our house. We didn't have any chairs there, so thank you! Eventually I'd like to get a wooden bench and then I'm sure these chairs would be wonderful in the backyard or something.

Ah, it's good to be back home. I missed our bed. I missed the cat. I missed my own bathroom. I missed my space. Vacation is always fun, but it's always nice to come home.

Want to get a free SpillyJane pattern? You have until Monday, August 24th, 2009 at 1PM EST to email her or comment on her blog post here, to receive her Heart of December sock pattern. I've already secured my copy! What a great deal. Her patterns sell for 6$ USD. Her patterns rock. Go on - check it out! Score yourself a free pattern! It's worth it!

4 comments:

Amelah said...

It is always nice arriving home, but not so much fun unpacking, doing laundry, getting organized, etc etc... lol

Bea said...

Yay for quick test knits! Also for husbands that don't mind driving. Mine will drive me everywhere if he is going to, I drive too slow for him.

Tara said...

Looks as though the vacation was a blast. But yes, it's always good to be home.

g-girl said...

thousand island, huh? sounds like it'd be a cool place to visit! :) bea's husband sounds like mine. lol.