Saturday, August 22, 2009

august twenty-two

Sean ended up sleeping in my bed last night. He woke up in the middle of the night, and was crying. Apparently there was a monster in his room. He was so scared, that he asked to come sleep in my bed. I really hope that this doesn't happen too often, as there isn't so much room in our Queen size bed. I end up sleeping cramped up and with one eye open. Not so enjoyable.

The kids got up around 7:30 am. Since there was enough time in between wake-up and the time we had to be at my friend's son's 1st birthday party, I tried to get Mack to take a nap. No way, it wasn't happening, as cranky as he was. At 1pm I picked up my mom as she was spending the afternoon with me. The birthday boy's grandfather used to teach with my mother years ago. (Before my sister was born).

We got greeted at the birthday party by a gorgeous puppy Great Dane. We are a Great Dane family, and the only dog I've ever known growing up was a Great Dane. (My parents currently still have a Great Dane named Bosco). This pup's name is Titan, and it's the birthday boy's Aunt's dog.

Sean enjoyed petting Titan.

As did Mack!

Finally, after an hour and a half the birthday boy decided to grace us with his presence. When we got to the party at his grandparents house, which is around the corner from my house, his mom (my friend) was there, but her son was peacefully still napping at home. We got to spend about 20 minutes with the birthday boy, before we had to take off.

At 3pm we met Jamie (and my siblings) at a card store in our area, which Jamie was working (volunteering) for a signing with Henri "Pocket Rocket" Richard, who is a retired hockey player. He is the younger brother of Maurice Richard "The Rocket". Henri played for the Habs from 1955-1975. We got some stuff signed, and then headed on our way.

After leaving the hockey card store, we headed over to my sister's pool. In her courtyard there is an adult pool and a "baby" pool. The baby pool was perfect height for Sean. He had a field day running back and forth across the pool!

Mack was able to sit on my lap and have his head above the water. He still had a good time, but I had to hold onto him since he's not walking yet.

I got a deposit this afternoon for my camera. The rest will be this week and then I won't own my Canon Rebel anymore. I still have to decide which Nikon to go for. I've been reading up reviews and stuff, but I'm still undecided as of today.

After we left my sister's house, I had dinner with Jamie and the kids. When we put the kids to bed this evening Sean said "No more monsters tonight". It was cute. I hope he's right. I hope he sleeps through the night and there isn't anything that will scare him. Poor guy. I remember what it's like to be a little kid and freaked out by shadows in your room. (To be honest, sometimes as an adult shadows in the night freak me out, especially since I can't see without my glasses!)

This evening Jamie and I caught up on the last episode of Hung that we hadn't watched yet. I thought we were all caught up last night or was that the other night, but we still had 1 episode left. Now we're up to date. I'm really liking the show. Good humor.

4 comments:

Amelah said...

I am glad your boys enjoyed themselves!! It is way to bad it is cold now!! Too cold to swim. Next summer! Sean and Mack can come over swimming ANYTIME!!!

AWW cute puppy!

Bea said...

They are so cute in those towels!

Tara said...

Wow, that's a bit weird not to have the borthday boy there, isn't it? I mean, time the party AROUND nap time, you know?

g-girl said...

titan is so cute! glad you were able to spend some time with the bday boy @ his party!! looks like everyone had fun at your sister's pool too. :)