Saturday, December 19, 2009

december nineteen

This morning Sean and I made it to his last swim class. We had a good time and Sean was excited to see one of his friends from daycare that is in his swim class. While his friend is a month older than him, he is now in the next class so Sean doesn't get to see him as often. His friend brought him a nice birthday present as he cannot make it to the party tomorrow, but we said we would get together when they get back from the trip they are taking.

After swimming we made a trip to the grocery store. I had a ton of stuff to pick up to bake for tomorrow's party as well as food for today and food for tomorrow (that I wasn't baking).

I spent the afternoon making Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes with my step-mother-in-law. I saw the recipe on this blog post and knew that I just had to make them for Sean's birthday party. Aren't they adorable (see below):

We even made the icing from scratch.

Very easy to make, and I am hoping they are a hit...!

Let me know if you ever make some, and how they turn out.

The next thing we had to do was decorate Sean's cake. My step-mother-in-law made the base, and then iced it with white. She also iced the sides in chocolate to make it seem 3-D in a sense. Then I went to decorate it. I printed out a picture that I took at the last Habs game that I went to, and went to work with red and blue icing. I had picked up a 5 piece hockey set with 2 nets, 1 goalie and 2 players. Tomorrow I will add hockey stick and puck candles. I think Sean will love it. I cannot wait to see his reaction.

Pat on the back for mommy. I think this was the best idea ever.

The results are in! I made the TOP THREE Best Canadian Craft, Cooking & Other Activities Blog for 2009! I got elected! I move on to the next round (I think there is a next round?!) Thank you all whom voted and who read my blog. Thank you! (If you want to see the above image clearer, just click on it, it'll enlarge).

This evening Jamie & I hung out and watched some tv, including the Habs game. We won against the Islanders 3-0. What a good game. I had some work to do, which I took care of, but other than that we just hung out, getting ready for tomorrow.

I was going through my PVR just before and realized that I am 56 episodes behind on Oprah. (I've deleted re-runs). I love Oprah. I haven't watched Oprah in forever. I just don't have time anymore. I wish I did. I used to watch Oprah when it was on TV at the air time. Ah, the luxuries of maternity leave. I miss watching Oprah though... I do plan to catch up, one of these days.

It's my sister's 25th birthday today. Hope she has a great birthday. Happy Birthday Amy!

5 comments:

Amelah said...

thanks for the birthday wishes!

the ice cream cone was delicious :-)

And double pat on the back!!! Sean will loveeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

I love the cupcake in a cone idea. I might have to poach that idea for the girl's birthdays in June. :)

g-girl said...

wow! sean's birthday cake looks amazing and the birthday cone cupcakes are super adorable!!

Bea said...

Love both cake ideas. How cool are those cupcakes. Maybe cleaner then regular ones for small fingers.

Tara said...

Wow, that is the awesomest cake EVER. Way to go, Super-Mom!