Sunday, January 31, 2010

january thirty-one

seanscissors
Today I gave Sean his first pair of scissors. I have no idea if he’s used scissors at daycare, but he’s never used them at home. I got him a kiddie pair, that are super safe, so I wasn’t worried. I let him hack away at some paper. He had fun.

mackbooster

Mack’s out of the high chair now (since we’ve been back from Florida – Jamie put it in storage while we were away). He’s getting to be such a big boy now, 19 and a half months old. He’s growing up too fast for my liking.

vday2010
I spent some time this afternoon doing Mack & Sean’s Valentine’s Day cards for school. They’re so cute. Their party will be on the 12th of February (the Friday before V-day) and I have to go through their wardrobe to make sure I have red outfits for them to wear. I’m not a big Valentine’s Day lover, but it’s fun for the kids.

halfwaydoneberet
This afternoon I was 50% done my Spring Beret. I managed to finish it this evening while watching tv. Details will follow tomorrow! I will tell you all about it then. It’s not as “beret-y” as I would have liked – but it’s cute nonetheless. Also – it’s a super fast knit. Took me about a day and a half, not even.

I can’t believe it’s February already tomorrow. I’ve been working on a collaborative project with 3 other lovely ladies. Each month we’ll be giving you free desktop calendars. I hope you enjoy them and use them. If you do use one, please leave me a comment to let me know which one you liked best and set as your desktop. From left to right and top to bottom you can choose from the pink floral one, the heart one, the yellow floral one, or the black paris one. Once you open the link of the one you like, just right click on the image and set it as your desktop wallpaper.

The four of us behind these are:

Carol: www.carolbrowne.com
Robyn (Me!): knitpurlknitpearl.blogspot.com
Scout: www.scoutj.com
Cynthia: www.biggirlfeet.ca

Every month we’ll be taking photos and my dear friend Cyn will add the design and calendars.
Help yourselves – they’re free!!
I’m so happy to be apart of this project.

5 comments:

Bea said...

...sissors...

I'm glad the calenders are back even if I've never used them. I usually have a dog as backdrop. I guess I could make a calendar out of a dog photo. hmm...I actually have Penny right now so I guess saying I have a dog is a lie.

I spy that you have mini mochi on your wish list. I have two skeins of it from my knitting group Christmas party that I'm not totally attached to if you wanted to make a trade.

Caroline said...

Those desktop calendars are beautiful!

g-girl said...

i let my niece use some scissors a while back too. it isscary but they've gotta learn sometime? it's so enjoyable for them too! wow, mack's out of his high chair already?? i love the valentines the boys are giving out to their classmates! the desktop calendars are gorgeous! just when I was wanting to change my background on my desktop too! talk about timing. ;)

Amelah said...

Love the art calenders!

Beret is looking good! Love the yarn choice!

Oy, MY little nephew is growing so fast!!!!

Tara said...

Love those calendars! I was sad when they didn't put one up for January.