Wednesday, January 27, 2010

january twenty-seven :: 84 weeks old

83wksM
Mack is 84 weeks old today.

I worked in the office today since I flew home yesterday, and I usually go into the office on Tuesdays (and Fridays). They’ve been doing some re-arranging in the back where I work and I am so happy things are starting to become more organized back there. I see some great changes to come this year, and possibly some renovations (that are being talked about). I wouldn’t mind a new desk/desk area, where no one but me used my computer. (Too many times I come in and my items/things/computer) has been touched/tampered with. We’ll see what this year brings.

snowlines

On my way home from work today it was snowing. It was really pretty snow too. It wasn’t even that cold. Mild out, in my opinion and the snow was falling so softly. Both kids were excellent today at daycare, which I had feared all day. You never know after being away for an entire week how they’ll react in school the first day back. Mack cried for a few minutes this morning, and by the time I got Sean in his sneakers and into his classroom, I heard Mack’s crying stop. Phew. Sean went into his class no problems, and was already babbling away to his friends about the snake he petted at the zoo and showing off his new GI Joe sneakers. Ah, the life of a child. Sometimes I wish I could trade places and go to daycare for the day and have a 3 hour nap… don’t you just wish?

Mack said 2 new words today – Hockey and Car. I really think he’s opened up a new can of worms and will be saying this more and more lately. He started singing Do Re Mi (that’s all he knows are those 3) during the trip to Florida. He now says my mom’s name “Bubbie” which is yiddish for Grandmother. And while we were away he said “I want cookie”, learned a not-so-nice word “c-a-c-a”, and named his bunny “Nunnee”. He also knows my brother’s name, and calls my sister “A-eee”. He can’t say her full name yet. And from before he said “book”, “ball”, “hi” and “uh oh”. He’s on a roll. He’ll get it. I’ve heard him once say “bye”. Sometimes you can catch him saying “Abc”. Even though I’m glad he’s talking, I’m not looking forward to him having a full vocabulary. If he’s anything like his brother, he won’t stop talking.

Off to go watch some tv with Jamie and crochet some more squares for Babette. I am loving the way it’s coming out.

8 comments:

Amelah said...

I know what u mean. I made two accounts on my pc..one for jsut me and one for my weekend manager to use because i too don't like when people touch my pc. You can do that temp too.

Maybe the kids were glad in a way to be back at daycare, with kids their own age and their friends. You never know! Glad they were good!

A-eeee is better then nothing :) Next step - AUNTIE!

Cynthia F said...

Very nice crochet squares- I love the colours you've got going!!
And snow- argh! We had a sunshiney day here yesterday & sat outside for a bit.... not much good for the upcoming olympic games and their need for snow tho'...

Kimber said...

Wait until he shreiks "NO!". Liv did that for the first time (her big sister was the recipient) - it is officially toddler time when they do that!

Manicmag said...

Funny he calls his blanket Nunnee, because Tyler loves N words and calls his pacifier "Neno" and calls Dylan "Ne-Ne"
I hear you, i do not know how i would survive if either of my kids talk as much as Sean. LOL but i am sure that Tyler will be giving me a run for my money very soon.

Dawn said...

Awww how cute...we wait and wait for them to talk and then it seems like they never quit lol.

g-girl said...

his vocabulary is going to just bloom and bloom now. :) you'll have to be careful what you say soon! ;) I had forgotten to comment on mack's first sentence! I'm sure his second one will be soon too. :)

Bea said...

I love that picture of Mack. So awesome.

Tara said...

Yeah, that's always the story, isn't it? You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk, then the next 18 years telling them to sit down and shut up! lol