Wednesday, February 24, 2010

february twenty-four :: 88 weeks old

87weeks
Mack is 88 weeks old today.
lotsofsnowfeb24
We left the house this morning to find a lot of snow. I know they’d been calling for snow, and that’s why the roofer didn’t come by today to take a look at the roof on the house. I am hoping that the snow melts away with the rain they’re also calling for, as I need to get my roof fixed as soon as possible.
snowfeb24

However, as much as I don’t want the snow to be here right now (due to the roof), it’s still very pretty the way it falls on the branches and is so clean & pretty. I love photographing snow. So hard to photograph as well!


showerdone

The guys finally finished the bathroom today! It’s done. It’ll be cleaned tomorrow morning & then we’ll be able to test it out. I do need to go to the hardware store and buy a massaging shower head for the stall because they destroyed the original one when they demolished the fibreglass shower stall we got rid of.


showertiles

I love the new shower. I can’t wait to try it out!
I went into work today, I was surprised to see that my office was pretty clean, my manager had taken care of a bunch of stuff while I was out of the office last week. The driving was a bit slower than usual due to all the snow that fell, though the roads weren’t bad at all to drive. People drive slower than usual (and worse than usual) when there is snow.
This evening I went out with some good friends (hi M.E.C!) for dinner. We made sure we were sitting near a TV as the Team Canada vs. Team Germany Men’s Hockey Game was on. We won (7-3) and it was a good game. I worked furiously on my February Lady Sweater. I am now done rows 150-152 to conclude the 26th Gull Lace Repeat and then started on the Garter Ridge Edge at the bottom. I worked 10 rows of garter ridge, which brought me to just over 1 inch of the 1.5 inches required as the pattern states. Will be able to start on the sleeves tomorrow! I can see the end in sight. I can smell it! And when I’m done, not only will I have completed my first adult sized sweater, but I will have completed it in about 2 weeks. Two weeks. That’s crazy! I’ll show you an updated picture soon!

6 comments:

g-girl said...

the new shower looks great. :) hope you were able to get the new massaging shower head from the hardware store. wow...sleeves already and it's only thursday! you might even be finished before the closing ceremonies. :)

Amelah said...

Can't wait to see your sweater finished! Good work so far!!

Shower looks good! Even though they may take longer then expected - in the end they do a good job! Let me know how it is!!!

Dawn said...

The new shower looks great...very serene!

Cynthia F said...

Your new shower looks great! And holy moly speedy knitter! I can't wait to see your sweater!
You guys are getting lots of snow- wow! We're just getting warm weather and rain- yuck! The garden loves it though...:)

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Very sweet shower!

Bea said...

Woowho! (about the shower...and the sweater)