Sunday, June 27, 2010

06.27.10

knittingoutside

Today after the kids let me sleep in, (I stayed up last night a bit trying to finish the book I’m currently reading – I’ve got less than 45 pages left and I just want to finish it already), we hung out in the backyard. I got to knit a bit, and Jamie dug up the grass and a bit of the earth under the swing set (there is a designated sandbox area) for sand. I absolutely hate the sand at the park in our circle, as it’s always full of weeds and garbage. And the park up the street from our house always has that disruptive kid and he useless grandfather who barely speaks English or French for that matter, so we’ve been avoiding going there, as they seem to always be there. It was time for our own private sandbox.

newsandbox
The boys jumped right in as soon as Jamie put down all the sand we had. We still need a few more bags of sand to put down.

sandboxtoys
Sean decided to put every sand toy we own into the sandbox. Would you like some sand with the toys? I seriously was wondering where they would have room to sit, but they managed to squeeze their little tushies into the box.

mackieinsand

And of course they both fought over the same single toy (rake type toy make has in his hands), because out of the 485 toys that were in the sandbox, they had to both have the same one. Boys. Ahh, I can’t wait for Zoe to arrive to balance it out a bit in this house. I need some more girl power around here.

robynjenn
This evening we had a BBQ at my aunt’s house. Sean & Mack had fun playing with their cousins Jakob and Henri. I got some knitting questions answered by Jenn. I’m wondering if it was just my pregnancy brain, or are Elizabeth Zimmerman’s patterns just sometimes hard to understand.

beforesleeves
Here is the current progress on Zoe’s February Baby Sweater. I like how it’s coming out!

ps- Just a reminder that I'm throwing a contest for this entire month! Details are here.

14 comments:

Katy said...

Your boys are so cute! The picture of them with all the toys in the sand box made me laugh! :)

I love how the sweater you are knitting is coming out! It will be beautiful! :)

Barb said...

Must be a kid thing fighting over the only toy that's not a duplicate LOL my girls do it too. Can't wait to see your finished baby sweater that's turning out really pretty :)

elizabeth said...

The sweater is SO CUTE! I know you're happy to be knitting pink! I love the name you've picked out too!

g-girl said...

the sweater is going to be absolutely adorable! it figures they'd want to throw in ALL their sand toys into their sandbox. lol. funny boys. and of course they had to fight over the same toy. that's nice that they have their own sandbox now too.

Amelah said...

haha love the 485 toys in the tiny sand box!!! too funny!!! and of course they are going to fight over the SAME toy! Deja vu, i bought two of the same ball on rope toy and the dogs fight over the same one!

I said it before, but love that pic of u and Jenn! Sweater is comming along nicely!

Sarah B. said...

If you don't already have one, definitely get a cover for the sandbox. We had a problem with either racoons or cats for a little while. Had to replace all the sand.

michelle w said...

Please share any insights you have about the baby sweater, I'm stuck at the part where I need to cast on some stitches before and after the sleeve part and I just can't wrap my brain around it- and I don't have pregnancy as an excuse, but I am blonde!

Knittymuggins said...

Love that the boys have a new sandbox all to themselves! They're so adorable :)

What a sweet Feb Baby Sweater you're making! Oh and it's not just you - EZ patterns always make me a little crazy :)

knittymuggins

Knit Girl Knit said...

Love the progress on the sweater. The color is also just gorgeous!

Rosebelleknits said...

BBQ sounds like fun! I dont get to have BBQs all that often. Wish I lived closer to family.

Anie, kale said...

I don't know where the sand goes. Every that comes over shovels the sand out of the sandbox, and then they carry it on their little shovels into my garden. I'm constantly buying bags of sand.
but it's nice to have it in the yard.

euge said...

hello Robyn
i m happy to read about the simple thing in life the kids playing in the sand box , how you start doing knitting for the new baby it so nice just I enjoy reading
Eugenie

Bea said...

Love the baby sweater. So happy you get to knit with pink!!

Tara said...

Um... I hate to burst your bubble, sweetie, but girls are just as bad as boys with the whole "fighting over the same toy" thing. Sorry!