Tuesday, July 20, 2010

07.20.10 :: 17 weeks pregnant

17weeksZpg
17 weeks pregnant today.
I am lovin’ my belly bump.
Just ♥ it.

journalcrayons
These awesome pencil crayons were one of my finds yesterday at Omer De Serres. I used that birthday gift certificate to get them. They’re actually made out of journal (newspaper). They are coated though, so I don’t have to worry about getting ink from the newspaper all over our hands. I can’t wait to try these out with the boys.

Sean stayed home today, but woke up with no fever. He felt a little warm all day though, but no fever. He’ll be going back to daycare tomorrow. He says that he wasn’t feeling 100% today, but that his head didn’t hurt him anymore. I am wondering if he was experiencing a migraine or headache of some sort.

july20loot
Today’s loot from the garden was huge. 3 cucumbers, one large tomato, a few cherry tomatoes, some snow peas, stringless beans, and a lot of spinach.

newknife
I wanted to use the spinach so I had received a recipe yesterday from my mother-in-law. Jamie asked me to call her up and get it from her. I got this awesome new knife recently from Jamie’s dad (he always brings over interesting finds) and I love the way it chops up vegetables.

spinachpie
So, for dinner tonight, I made Jamie’s mom’s Spinach Pie recipe. DELICIOUS! I can’t wait to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

SPINACH PIE

10 oz. spinach
1 cup bisquick
½ cup oil
4 eggs slightly beaten
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
½ cup minced onions
¾ cup grated cheese (white cheddar)
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt (optional as bisquick has salt already in it)

Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 9” round pie plate (or a 1 quart casserole dish). Bring water in a pot to a boil. Cook spinach for 1 minute. Drain water from spinach. Dice up the spinach. Combine the spinach with other ingredients. Throw them into the baking dish of your choice. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 325°F or to golden brown.

Yum!

zoebutton
I made my own buttons today. Aren’t they awesome? I now need to find something to knit that will need buttons of this size for Zoe. I have a thing for scrabble… can you tell?

zoebuttonback

I wanted to show you how sweet this video is. I almost cried. (I blame it on the pregnancy hormones). This guy (I think) went to my high school, but my sister knows him – that’s how I learned of this video. It’s just so sweet.

And this video is just beyond funny. Jamie showed it to me this morning before he left to work. David went to the dentist to get some teeth pulled. He was drugged up to have them pulled. This video is the after math of the drugs. I got a good laugh. Apparently it’s been viewed many times on youtube. I of course always find out things after wards. (Not that I care). So, I’m sorry if you’ve seen this already – but it’s new to me.

For those moms who collect pampers.ca (or .com) points, I have a few more free bonus codes for you to enter:

WELCOME2PAMPERS
GTGTENMONTHCODE
GTGFIVEMONTHS10
GTGGETREADYSOON

Today’s de-clutter progress is here. Almost at the 100 mark; Doing good.

I finished Bekah’s Girl Cap Spring Shirt tonight while Jamie & I watched a couple of episodes of The Wire. We’re almost done Season 1 and it’s a great show. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

whoa! i haven't read any blogs in months, but suffering from pregnancy insomnia, i hopped on over here and wow - you're pregnant again! YAY! how fun that when i first found your blog back in 2008, it was during a pregnancy-induced insomnia spell. back then, you were a month or so ahead of me, having a boy while i was having a girl. now you are due a month or so after me and i'm having a boy while you're having a girl :) CONGRATS, momma!!

Tara said...

OOh, thanks for the recipe, Robyn! How'd it go over with the kids? I've got a lovely spinach pie recipe as well, but it's apparently a bit too "spinachy" for the kids, so they won't eat it.

Amelah said...

Yes, Matt went to HS with me and graduated with me. :D very sweet what he did.

You do have a thing for scrabble letters, we've noticed.

Love the baby bump too.

Spinach pie eh...hmm wonder what that would taste like..?

g-girl said...

very nice pencil crayons! the spinach pie looks interesting! i'm not allowed near spinach recipes. will tell you why later. lol. the scrabble zoe buttons are cute. :) i've seen that david after the dentist. can't remember where though!