Tuesday, August 10, 2010

08.10.10 :: Catch Up

I’m back! I took my first ever blog break (first ever not in the hospital giving birth that is), while on a family vacation. We left last Tuesday to the USA for a week. We spent Tues-Wed-Thurs in Manalapan, New Jersey and Friday-Sat-Sun-Monday in Southampton, Pennsylvania (and surrounding areas). We had a fantastic week. I do plan to fill you in on everything that went on. The boys were excellent all week. Of course they had their moments, but what toddler doesn’t?

I'll get back into the swing of things tomorrow as I've had a really long day today. My car wouldn't start this morning (same thing happened to me when I returned home from Florida this past January (2010), as well as last January (2009), and when I returned home from British Columbia this past April. Tried to boost my car, but it only blew the main fuse of the car, and my battery was finished. Waited 2 hours + for a tow, and then waited at the dealership for just about 3 hours until my car was actually ready. On top of this, I was making phone calls trying to figure out how to get my brand new lens for my Nikon fixed, as it started erroring yesterday. Turns out it seems like there is a problem with the circuit board for the stabilizer. I will be out of my lens for a few days, but I think the problem will be able to be fixed. I have a 5 year warranty with the manufacturer on it. As well, an almost full can of diet 7up spilled into my purse. (only papers got ruined, everything else was salvageable, and nothing electronic was in there at the time). Both boys broke my heart this morning when I dropped them off at daycare. They both threw fits and didn’t want to be there. That’s one con to going on vacation – the day back to daycare after coming home. Today was just an overall bad day. Here’s to hoping tomorrow is better.

Some catch-up from the past week:

111wksM

On Thursday, Aug 5, 2010, Mack turned 111 weeks old.

188wksS
On Monday, Aug 9, 2010, Sean turned 188 weeks old (Mack wanted to join in the picture, in turn, the boys squished me & my glasses). I don’t mind being in a Mack & Sean sandwich though.

20weekspg

And also yesterday, Monday, Aug 9, 2010, I hit the half-way mark in a full term pregnancy – 20 weeks. (I won’t be delivering anywhere close to 40 weeks, but 20 weeks is the “half baked” mark for most pregnancies). Wow, 20 weeks already? Boy time flies.

Other noteworthy mentions…

-Yesterday was 08/09/10.
-Yesterday would have been Elizabeth Zimmerman’s 100th birthday.
-I did find both Sean & Mack a pillow pet (one for each of them) at a kiosk at a mall in Freehold, New Jersey. If you remember, Sean wanted one, because it is “even machine washable”.
-I did get to visit to yarn shops, one in Freehold, New Jersey and one in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Jamie did buy me some gifts at each shop, details of those gifts, coming up shortly.
- Sean did get to go to Chuck E. Cheese – as per his request.
- We took the boys to Sesame Place (the Sesame Street Theme Park) in Langhorne, PA. Sesame Place entry price: 53$ each (for 2 adults and 1 child). Lunch for 4 people: 45$. Big Bird Toy: 23.26$. The look on Mack's face when he saw Elmo: PRICELESS! (Pictures to come)
- We got to check out Point Pleasant Boardwalk on the Jersey Shore.
- We checked out the Please Touch Museum – which was awesome!
- We also spent yesterday morning at the Philadelphia Eagles training camp in Lehigh, Pennsylvania.
- We attended my friend Lauren’s daughter’s 1st birthday party and had a great time.
- I got to satisfy my Olive Garden & my Ruby Tuesdays cravings – yum!
- I even got to pick up a few neat notions at Michaels (which we also don’t have in Quebec).
- We lucked out and had FANTASTIC weather all week. No rain, but it was actually a little too hot/humid. I heard it rained almost the entire week at home, in Montreal.
- The boys discovered Yo Gabba Gabba while we were in the USA. Now they're obsessed.

I’ll be back tomorrow with some trip pictures & some yarn p0rn, cuz I know you all want that. Until then – I leave you with a reminder that you have until August 15th, 2010 to comment on this post to win a copy of Shawn Klomparens book, Two Years, No Rain. I will pick a winner on August 16, 2010.

Once I catch up on the laundry and household chores, I will get back into the swing of things and continue de-cluttering our home. Once I get back into the swing of things, I will update you on my progress.

6 comments:

Barb said...

sounds like a fun trip!! you don't have a Michaels? if there is anything there you need let me know!! there is one just a few min. away from me :)

kim said...

Yay glad your back!! Was a little upset this past week to know you were fairly close to me and didn't get to 'meet' you. oh well, some other time. Tho now I am a little upset that you went to training camp without me!!! wtf?!

Zonda said...

Glad you had a good trip!!

Tara said...

Sounds like it was a good trip! Émilie and maxime weren't that jazzed about going back to camp/daycare this week either, but they both had great days playing with their buds.

g-girl said...

good for you for taking a vacay from your blog too! sounds like you guys had a blast. glad the weather cooperated too!

Amelah said...

Sucks about your car. Hopefully your new van will never do that to you!

Love the mommy sandwhich pic :D

Happy half way of pregnancy! It will go fast!