Friday, October 15, 2010

10.15.10

pumpkinspice
This morning I made some more pumpkin spice smoothie. It is sooo delicious (if you like that kind of flavoring). I've only recently been big on pumpkin. I swear, I caught myself singing "there's a party in my tummy... so yummy... so yummy..." (Anyone with kids would probably get this reference).

crochetupdateshawl
Here is this morning's progress update on Magnificent Mantle.
Almost done! And lookin' mighty fine...

violalot

Yarn diet 2010 is officially over. 9 months, 1 week and 6 days. January 1st - Oct 15th, 2010. I was going to break it this upcoming weekend at Rhinebeck 2010, however with my pregnancy complications I cannot be there this year (had a room reserved and everything but had to sell it (since it was a pre-paid room)). So I decided that I would still break my yarn diet now and treat myself to stuff I've been eying over the almost 10 months. Above, is all from the Etsy Seller Viola and you have, Viola Sock in Controversy, Viola sock in Dark Thistle, and Viola Merino Fingering in North Sea. Yum! (Tara was my enabler on this purchase). I FEEL FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinner tonight was pot luck with some friends that we've been trying to get together with for a year now. We only realized tonight that it had been a year (we've had plans re-arranged twice since the beginning of summer). We were in charge of the actual meal, and I made a pot roast. I almost had a heart attack this afternoon for about a good half hour when we had a power failure. I totally thought dinner was ruined for sure. We were 6 of us, and I had 2 slow cookers going (ours had the same meal as my parents slow cooker, except in my parents slow cooker I made it with onions, as one of our friends who came tonight doesn't eat onions). It was really delicious. It was great to see our friends (and meet one new boyfriend of one of the girls) and catch up.

Today I leave you with this video:



Saw it on someone's blog and just love it.

6 comments:

g-girl said...

you broke your yarn diet?? I thought you'd make it all the way to a year!! oh well. the comfort shawl looks great!

Heddy said...

cool - that video was filmed in Halifax, NS -- I recognize a lot of the landmarks

Tara said...

I was the enabler!!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Congrats for falling off the wagon ;)

Jennifer said...

holy moly that smoothy sounds DELISH!! i'm TOTALLY putting pumpkin on my grocery list and making this tonight or tomorrow when i treat myself to some homemade granola (if i get around to making that today too lol). thanks for sharing the recipe!!!

Amelah said...

Wow, the shawl looks awesome!

Oh wow,,,**droolz** on the blue yarn [closest to the left when looking at the picture!] ME LIKE!!! Congrats on finally break the diet!!

Which friends did you have over that evening? Who has a new boyfriend?

Bea said...

Pretty yarn. I hadn't seen that seller before.