Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10.20.10

Now that the yarn diet of 2010 has ended, there has been some stash enhancement. I went to visit Louise at Biscotte & Cie, as she mentioned when I asked about Yarn Forward Issue 27, that she had it. However, her August 2010, is issue 29, where as Ravelry claims Issue 27 is August 2010. A little confusion, and the issue she had did not contain the 5 patterns I was looking for. The magazine itself is a little pricey on stands at $13.75 an issue, but for 5 patterns, that to me is worth spending that. That's okay, I've been meaning to go visit & see what she's got. A little stash enhancement was indeed in order.

pinkbiscotte

3 skeins of Biscotte & Cie Gobelin in a nice pink shade (there is no colorway name on the tags).

burlyspunpurple

And 2 skeins of Brown Sheep Burly Spun in Elerberry Wine (225)
(I have a thing for Chunky Yarns lately)

In the end I figured out that I could purchase the Yarn Forward Magazine online, digitally, for half the price of the Canadian magazine stand price. For 7$ I ordered the issue here. Buying it digitally allowed me to print the pages that I wanted. I have my eye on Willow, Aster Hat, Dalenni, Discovery Socks, and the Peony Tank.

Today I spent most of the day on the phone with customer service and technical department employees. First I dealt with calling back my rep at Samsung in regards to my brand new printer that the just exchanged for me. I was having an issue printing documents and we figure out what the issue was (I was printing and getting about 1.25" on the right side of the page with faded ink). There was a slight fraction of the back door that wasn't 100% closed. After doing a bunch of other tests, and me scanning the pages of what was printing, to email the tech guy, so he could visually see what my printer was producing, he took one look at what it was printing and knew what to do. My printer was fixed and I was happy within minutes. (And then I printed out some knitting patterns to my heart's content).

The next call I had to take care of was for my brand new lens that Jamie got me for my birthday this year. I was still hearing a weird noise upon going back from 200mm zoom back to 18mm zoom. I never heard this noise before having sent my lens to them in the first place when there was an optical stabilizer issue. Hopefully they can fix it (all on their dime this time) and get my lens back to me as soon as possible. In the meantime, I don't think I need it this week. Hoping to get it back in my hands by Halloween.

I like seeing things get resolved. More things to check off the long to-do list.

I was supposed to go see 2 movies this week - but my plans got altered. One was yesterday, but I ended up taking Mack to the doctor instead. The other plans today, got altered due to my friend's baby teething really badly, and her son was just inconsolable. Oh, I remember those days. And I can't wait to go through them again with baby 3. Hopefully my movie plans will resume next week. Trying to do as much stuff for myself right now before baby boy is born and I have absolutely no me time at all.

My sewing lesson last night got canceled as my sewing instructor's son came down with pink eye - and that is highly contagious. Ick! Ick! Ick! No way I wanted to catch that. Though, I'm still not 100% sure what I wanted to make this week in class, so maybe it's a good thing that class got changed for another day (need to figure out when that will be).

Today's Link Love:
- My friend Sara pointed out this recipe for Batter Fried Apple Rings and boy do they look yummy!
- Love this hearts hat pattern (knitted pattern).
- Love this FULL page of all kinds of bags to sew. I heart bags.
- Still reading & enjoying my book.
- Halfway through listening to my audio book (and deciding what audio book to buy next).

Tomorrow is my blog's 5th birthday. I can't believe it's been 5 years! Stay tuned tomorrow for some awesome giveaways!

4 comments:

Amelah said...

Happy 5 year blog anniversary!!!

Awesome bag link - i like the guitar one! So cool!

Nice yarn loot too :)

Glad they were able to figure out your printer issue. Weird it would print if any door was slightly ajar?!

Sucky about the lens. I still need to figure out what to do about mine.

Tara said...

Yay for stash enhancement! How's Biscotte's store, btw? I haven't made it there yet. I'm hoping to get to Espace Tricot this weekend, I need some DK weight yarn for hats!

g-girl said...

whatcha gonna make with the burly spun? maximus? glad you got everything squared away. jealous that you got to print knitting patterns to your heart's content!

Bea said...

Excellent stash enhancement! Sorry about the magazine confusion.