Tuesday, December 07, 2010

12.07.10 :: 1 week old

1wkQ

Quentin is a week old!
(Newborns look like old men, don't they?)

3boysbackseat

Today I was snowed in, and my hubby had my car (not that I can drive right now anyhow (yet)) and I convinced my mom to pick me up before going to pick up the boys from daycare. I wanted to bring Quentin to the daycare, as Sean & Mack's teachers have been asking about him. I couldn't believe that we got all 3 of them in the back of my mom's car. A little bit of a tight fit but we managed. I had to grab a photo of the 3 of them lined up in the car.

spie

Today I made Shepard's Pie for dinner. I actually did not follow any recipe at all. I had never made it myself, and Jamie just basically told me the way he makes it - and I altered it a bit. It was quite easy actually. I think the only thing that was a tad hard was mashing the potatoes because of my Csection. I guess the motion of actually mashing them made me a bit sore. It turned out delicious, and now we have leftovers! I was begged last night to make it again. I don't think I'll make it too often though, because potatoes are rather fattening to eat. Jamie and I agreed that as soon as my Cesection is healed and I am cleared from the doctor, that we will start getting back into shape together. (I like this plan). (New Years Resolution!?)

I am really starting to feel like my old self. I'm talking pre-pregnancy, pre-miscarriage self. I feel like I was not myself this entire pregnancy, whether it was the hormones, or what, I don't know. But I'm really starting to feel better. I know the last few weeks of my pregnancy I couldn't concentrate on much either. I find my concentration and my patience now are much better than they were just a week ago.

Quentin has been an awesome baby so far (knock on wood). He's a really good sleeper (can I say he's quite boring and all he does is sleep right now?) and barely cries. He'll only cry when he's absolutely starving. Though, most of the times, it's me waking him up to feed, because he's on a strict feeding schedule due to his weight.

Knitting time!? Haven't really had any time since getting home from the hospital. Reading time? Yeah, not really either. I have watched some TV though (while feeding Quentin) but if it's at night, I tend to pass out while watching TV. He's really only getting up twice at night (11pm feeding - I'm still up usually, 2 am and 5 am are the 2 key hours in the middle of the night we're up eating). I try to go to bed after his 11 pm feeding, to get in a few extra hours, though I've always been a night owl, so this has been a tad hard.

11 comments:

Tara said...

That's a whole lotta boys in the back seat! :)

Celia said...

What a handsome man!

deirdre said...

ROBYN!!!!!!! Congratulations! Honestly, I miss a few days of blog reading and such things happen!

What an adventure this little guy's already had, but so nice that you are all home safe and sound now! I am so happy for you and your family!

As an aside, I've started making my shepherd's pie with mashed sweet potatoes, which are much healthier, and according to the boys, even better. I started by using both kinds of potatoes, and gradually moved to all sweet potatoes, so they hardly noticed until I asked them about it.

Oh, I am so excited for you!!

Kate said...

What a LOSER bloggy friend I am for missing the birth of Quentin!! SO glad everything turned out ok and you're all doing well at home. Can't wait to see how things continue to go with 3...make it look easy and fun so I don't get freaked out over the next 6 months until my #3 comes. :)

Amelah said...

Cute 1 week old pic! LOL and so the weekly portraits begin :-)

Good thing you have a van now lol what a full car!

Aww cool! Good for you and Jamie! I can't wait for my wound to be healed so I can kick myself into high gear!!!

Zonda said...

Aww but he's a cute lil' one! I grew up eating shepard's pie with beef, creamed corn, and mashed potatoes. What did you put in yours?

Jennifer said...

aww.. he's gorgeous, girlie! looks just like you! i'm so glad you are starting to feel like your old self again!! xoxo

Lisa (JeepGirl) said...

Oh my goodness!!! You had the little man!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! He's adorable!!! IN LOVE!!!

g-girl said...

that is so awesome that you're starting to feel like yourself again! :) love the headband you're wearing in quentin's one week old pic! :)

Dawn said...

Such a cute little old man though lol! Mmmm shepherd's pie!

Bea said...

Definitely looks like an old man. He's adorable.