Thursday, March 10, 2011

3.10.11 :: 142 weeks old

142wksM
Mack is 142 weeks old today.
(Mack is 100% back to his old self now, from his little bump yesterday.
Even his bruising is fading).

handgripQ

Today after taking Quentin to weigh in at the local clinic, (he's now 9 lbs 12 oz (4.42 kg or 4420 grams), keeping up with a 25g per day weight gain in the past 2 weeks), I managed to get Quentin down for an afternoon nap in his own crib. It's the first time ever that he's napped during the day in his crib. (Until now he's only slept in it at night). Before you start shooting me nasty comments that Quentin's on his stomach - I'm aware. (And both Sean & Mackenzie were stomach sleepers and they are fine). It was suggested to me unofficially by the doctors at the hospital that once I feel comfortable to leave him sleep on his stomach, that it was the best position for a baby with Laryngomalacia. As of recently, when I noticed Quentin had good neck control, I switched him to sleep on his stomach. And that's when he started to sleep through the night. I am so glad I successfully got him to nap in his crib this afternoon (instead of in the baby bucket (if out) or in the swing or bounce/vibrate chair).

thisismyblanketmonkeyQ

Quentin absolutely love his new blanket. He wanted to show Maureen that he has been using it already. It keeps his warm while we're out & about. Sean placed the monkey arms around Quentin while we were doing story time this evening in the boys' room, so I thought it was too cute to not take a picture.

new50mmlenssockclub

I got my new toy in the mail today, a 50mm Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens. I can't wait to start playing around with it. I actually picked it up because I ordered 2 toys to go with it, that I am still waiting for in the mail. My order for those 2 toys was shipped, but it hasn't gotten here yet. I will definitely show you when they arrive. Photography toys are so much fun. I'm a gadget gal... what can I say? These are my early birthday present to myself... (birthday is in June and it's a big birthday to boot). I did take this picture of the yarn on the right hand side with my new lens (was indeed playing a little with it tonight). The yarn, color has been taken away so you can't see what it is, has been wound up for my newest design. I was asked to design a pattern for the Nestucca Bay Yarns' Spring Lambs Yarn Club. The club looks like a lot of fun, and you should go sign up! You will be getting Madelinetosh yarn with at least one of the kits (not sure if all are knit up in Madelinetosh yarn), but I am very excited to be designing the sock pattern for the club.

Tonight before getting the kids from their classrooms, I sat in on the Parents Committee meeting at the daycare. There was a few things that I wanted to hear that were on the agenda, and I am curious to possibly join the Parents Executive for the next calendar school year. I am not sure how that all works, but I know that one or two of the moms on the Parents Executive have a child graduating in May and going off to Kindergarten in August (not sure why "graduation" is in May if they are still there for June-July-and most of August...)? Sean still has one more school year until he starts Kindergarten (August 2012) and Mack has two more school years until he's in Kindergarten, and Quentin will either get a spot and I'll have 3 kids there for 3-3.5 months or so (end of May-June-July-August of 2012) or Quentin will take Sean's spot when he leaves to Kindergarten, and then that'll be another 4 years of being at that daycare... I'll have spent 8 years attending that daycare then... September 2008 Sean started there, and Quentin will start Kindergarten in 2016. 2008-2016. Maybe it's a good thing that I get on the Parents Executive. I've always seen myself as a PTA mom.

Don't forget that by commenting, you will be entered into my giveaway for a copy of Arranged by Catherine McKenzie. The contest runs until March 16, 2011, and I will draw a winner that evening when I blog. All you have to do is comment on any post this blog.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

LOVE that he loves his blankie, and LOVE the monkey picture - we have a huge monkey like that around here too. Monkeys are great!

Celia said...

Monkey hugs!! It's nice that you can modify his sleeping position. I suppose babies are like grown ups. They just have a sleeping preferrence. Nice camera!

g-girl said...

glad to hear mackie is feeling more like himself after what happened. what an adorable shot of quentin with the monkey! I love it. :) that is exciting that you've been asked to do a pattern for a yarn club. I could see you on the Parents Executive!

Dawn said...

Love the pictures of Quentin. I love the picture with the new lens. I just ordered the 35mm Nikon lens, and am impatiently waiting for it to ship.

Tara said...

Look at you, getting tapped to do a design for a yarn club! Way to go!