Wednesday, May 25, 2011

There’s been some Crafting

onesie

First up, I've been knitting. Though, now I'm stuck. Waiting for the designer to get back to me, whenever she can message me back (I'm in no rush honestly - this project has beyond frustrated me). I’m at 132 stitches right now, and it’s even k2, p2, k2, p2 all around. If I add in the last increase row, (8 more stitches) it’ll give me some p2, p2’s at every marker. The ribbing is supposed to work out evenly, k2, p2, all across. It’s just not. I've tried writing it all out, it just doesn't work out. I have the correct amount of stitches, and it all flows, until this point.

I've also been knitting up a new design, details will come shortly. Sorry, no sneak peaks yet. Maybe soon.

And I've still been working on more squares for all 3 versions of Babette I'm doing. Squares for version 1, version 2 & version 3. Their updated tally of how many squares are on the project pages.

pencilvase

Next up, I made my own version of a pencil vase.
It's in my kitchen and has all our pens, pencils, scissors, etc, in it now.
I think it's cute. I used an empty (large) baby formula can (from powder formula) & picked up pencils from the dollar store. This took 48 pencils. (12 in a pack).

ribbon

6 comments:

kim said...

Thank you!!! I could not for the life of me remember what it was that I wanted to make for Logan's teacher. Now I remember! And I really like your regualr pencil idea, I'm going to steal it ;)

g-girl said...

can't wait to find out what dogwood is going to turn into.

Dawn said...

Awesome pencil case...might have to make one myself!

Celia said...

Goodluck with the test knitting. I've never done it myself, because I don't think I would be able to spot an error.

Tara said...

Love the pencil vase, Robyn! Very cute :)

Anonymous said...

Love love love the pencil vase! What a great idea.