Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Getting There

sweaterprog

I’ve been working hard on my Favorite Cardigan whenever I get the chance to sit down and knit, I do. I’ve finally started to do the ribbing at the bottom of the Cardigan. I think it calls for 4 or 4.5 inches of ribbing. Still have the sleeves to do (I think I’ve settled on full length sleeves for our Canadian cold winters) and then the front button band on both sides. I do have to say that it’s super hard (even in a mirror) to take a picture of your back…! I wanted to show the length where the sweater comes to so far, and I tried… with my iPhone). It’s fitting great, don’t you agree? I am kind of in between 2 sizes in the pattern (my measurements fall between the small and medium), so I went with the medium but did some other adjustment in the waist shape decreases (I decreased half way more between the small and medium size to get a great fit). I can’t wait for this to be done so I can wear it. I’m loving it! What are you currently knitting?

sweaterfit

8 comments:

Celia said...

Wow! It look great!

Teena in Toronto said...

It looks great! I love the colour!

Grace said...

It's looking pretty good so far! Cannot wait to see the sleeves done! I am working on some small things like a lunch bag, some mitts, and a pair of socks... projects I can just grab and go!

g-girl said...

it looks cute! I can't wait to see if finished. :)

Kerry said...

I agree 100%!!! Love everything about it so far.

I'd list all the projects I have going right now but it would be much quicker to tell you what I'm not knitting. Ready? Um...dishcloths. I have no dishcloths going at the moment. LOL

Taci simmons said...

It looks GREEEEEEAAAATTTT Robyn! You r doing such a wonderful job and you look great on it :) great summer knitting and you will have something fun to wear right in the beginning of fall... Great job!
I'm just finishing a scarf I started when we came back from vacation, but I'm also knitting abag for myself or the fall and have a couple of crochet projects going... I like a little variety :)

carolyn said...

Look at you, skinny! You look great, and the sweater looks so chic!

Dawn said...

Loving the way your cardigan is looking! I'm working on some stranded colorwork socks and a toddler cardigan. Although, I have a ton of other WIPs, but we're not talking about that;)