Sunday, October 07, 2012

A Quick Knit

hat1

My FIL requested a new hat for this upcoming winter. His Irish Hiking Hat ended up accidentally in storage until his condo is re-built next year (due to a fire this past father's day).

hat2

I picked up some Bernat Softee Chunky, in True Grey, since it's washable in the machine. I went with chunky so it would be a quick knit. I love chunky. I've been on a chunky kick lately. With the chunky yarn, I decided to go with the Chucko Hat by Courtney Buckalew-Kramer.

marvinhatclose

I used 112 g (so just over 1 skein) and knit it up on US 10/6.0 mm needles. I really like the way it came out. It's super cozy. I hope he likes it!

marvinshat

5 comments:

Gabriela said...

I love quick knits! The color looks great too. I'm sure he'll love it.

Kerry said...

Great guy hat! And great hair! I can't get over how long it's gotten.

Taci simmons said...

Great hat!!! I love this pattern! Have made 1 for my husband and my son last year! Great job.!

Celia said...

That's a perfect masculine hat. Great job!

Teena in Toronto said...

Don't let Gord see this ... he's been bugging me to knit him a hat like this.