Monday, December 24, 2012

Scoodie

scoodie1 scoodie2 scoodie3

Recently I made myself a Scoodie (Non Ravelry Link), which is a hat with a scarf attached, for the morning walks to the bus stop. The mornings are really cold and with the snow & winds, they can be brutal. I wanted something that was nice & chunky and that would keep me warm. So far, my new scoodie has been doing the trick. I started it on November 28th & finished it on December 6th. I used a 6.5 mm (K) hook with Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick yarn. I used 4 skeins.

scoodie4

I really like the way it turned out. I altered it a bit, by adding a crochet border on the hat part in the front. I liked the look and needed to extend the length a bit to cover more of my face for the brutal cold Montreal winter mornings. I also altered where the hood was made, instead of it being centered, I put it to one of the sides, for the way I like to wrap scarves around myself. This might sound weird to you, but this makes total sense to me.

thisway orthat

I’m also debating adding on pockets to the end of the scarf, for my hands. The only thing I’m debating is which direction to put the pockets. Top loading or side loading… what do you think? I can add on pickets in either direction, so I just need to figure out what is most comfortable for me to place my hands.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good! I recently (october maybe?) knit myself a Loxley which I adore. It came in handy raking leaves! I say side pockets, it looks less awkward.

Kerry said...

Looks nice and warm! My vote is for side pockets. I think they're much more comfortable on your wrists. :-)

Celia said...

I like that! It looks very warm.

Taci simmons said...

Very nice and warm! I would go for side pockets also. It looks more comfortable for your hands. :)

Teena in Toronto said...

I could have used one of those today! Brrrr!

g-girl said...

I like it! did you add pockets? I've been wanting to make something similar to that. :)