Monday, October 28, 2013

Neckwarmer for Coreen

I know I’ve been awol for a while. This is my 6th week owning a yarn shop and the time is flying. I am really enjoying work, being at work, I honestly can say that I love my job. I enjoy waking up in the morning and knowing that I will be going to a yarn shop to talk knitting and crochet and fondle yarn all day. I do have to admit, that I don’t actually knit at work. Maybe one day I’ll get to… but not right now. Too much other work to be doing. I do have some finished projects to show you. I’ve been re-working my cowl pattern for an upcoming class that we will have at my shop.

sheep1sheep2sheep3sheep4

So the first one I knit up was in this amazing yarn called Punta MeriTwist, which is no longer available. Unfortunately the mill burned down and they tried to get funding to re-build the mill but their request was turned down. The MeriTwist is so nice to work with, it’s so unfortunate. Since I cannot get this yarn in anymore, I had to re-knit the pattern in a yarn that we carry in the shop, since I’d like to display my pattern in a yarn available in the shop. So I decided to go with the absolutely soft Diamond Luxury Collection Baby Alpaca Sport. It’s so nice to work with.

neck3neck2neck1neck4

This is my store sample on Ravelry.

I absolutely love this pattern, these are my 5th & 6th ones I’ve knit up over the last few years. It’s such a great knit for a quick gift, it doesn’t really don’t take long at all to knit up. Here are some other ones that I’ve knit up: The Original for Coreen herself, Lisa’s, My mom’s, and one for me.

2 comments:

Celia said...

Congratulations on your new shop! I love the pattern. It's beautiful. You could wear this with so many things.

Spinner said...

Missed you! Love the cowl - and totally LOVE the buttons on the first one. Gorgeous in both yarns. I have some buttons I've been dying to use - this would be the perfect project :) Thanks!