Monday, December 30, 2013

Lumio

bleulumio bluelumio

We just got in this awesome reflective yarn by Schachenmayr. It’s called Lumio. What a neat idea that it reflects in the dark. This is a good idea for people who dog walk or who walk outside at night. Might need to make a bunch of these for the dog walkers in my life. The blue hat above is a store sample and I didn’t realize but I only knit it to 7” long before decreasing at the crown when the pattern had said to knit until 7 3/4”. I only realized after, but the hat still fits my head well, and it was for a store sample, so I didn’t mind that it was 3/4 of an inch smaller than called for. That hat without pompom is 75g  and the pompom weighs 43g for a total of 118g. The black hat below, is for me, I decided to knit up another one, for those cold mornings waiting for the school bus to come pick up the boys. I went with black because it matches everything. The hat itself without the pompom is 91g (I knit it to the actual length the free pattern on the ball band calls for) and the pompom weighs 37g for a total of 128g.

blklumio lumioblack

Very quick knit & the yarn is nice to work with. Making the huge pompom was fun too! I had to cut out circles out of cardboard to make this pompom, the pompom maker I had at home was too small for this size!

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

What a great idea! Warm but safe!

Celia said...

I love it! The hat looks like so much fun.

g-girl said...

I think we saw some of that yarn when we were @ stitches west last month!