Sunday, January 26, 2014

Legwarmers, Gaptastic & Starving Artist

I have some recent finished projects to share with you today!

IMG_4929 legwarmersdone

First I have some cute little legwarmers I made for my new next door neighbor’s 12 month old daughter. For these simple legwarmers I cast on 48 stitches, and I did 2x2 ribbing for 6.75 inches (as per the girl’s leg measurements). I wanted a ribbed legwarmer so they hug her leg and don’t slouch or slide down like stockinette legwamers might. I used a total of 42g of yarn for them – a nice quick knit!

gapdonedonegap

Next, I have the Gaptastic Cowl. I made this for a store sample as we just changed our window display this morning. So you can see this in the shop’s window for the next 6 weeks or so.  I loved knitting this. I used an entire skein of James C. Brett Marble Chunky in MC12 on a US 13 – 9.0 mm knitting needle. I want to make myself one next, in some stash yarn or something.

starv1starv2

Lastly, which I just finished last night, I have a Starving Artist hat to show you. This was also knit up as a store sample, for our window display. I knit this hat up also using James C. Brett Marble Chunky (our window is all items knit up with this yarn) on US 10½ - 6.5 mm needles. The hat took 65g of yarn and was a quick knit as well.

starv3 starv4

I liked working with the Marble Chunky yarn. If you’ve made something with it or plan to make something with the yarn – do let me know!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the cowl, I made one last winter, and it's so cozy, and such an easy fast knit...

Celia said...

I love the colors of that hat. Very pretty

Teena in Toronto said...

The cowl looks so warm and cozy!

I love the purples in the hat and leg warmers.

g-girl said...

Do you knit up all the store samples for each month or do your employees help too? Just wondering!