Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Head Start Hat

headstartyarnheadstartdone

I knitted this Head Start hat in the round, instead of flat, as per the pattern on the ball band. I cast on 56 stitches instead of the 54 stitches so that the 2x2 ribbing would work out. I also knit it to 7” instead of 9” as I wanted it as a hat, not a slouch. I did the decreases as written on the ball band. I used up 44g of the 50g ball.

LOVE the way this color way knit up! It was a tad deceiving on the ball, but knits up very lovely!

 

headstartglassheadwearheadstart

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! That's some fun yarn.

Celia said...

OMG! I can't make a pom-pom to save my life. What a great idea.

Kerry said...

Another cute knit! Is the main color of the yarn yellow or tan?

Teena in Toronto said...

I try to use round needles whenever I can and will convert patterns to them.

g-girl said...

I'm with Kerry-is the main color yellow or tan? It looks like a confetti hat! :)