Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Melissa’s Gaptastic Cowl

melbdaygift

My friend Melissa turned 40 this year and had asked me for a handknit cowl so I decided to knit her a Gaptastic for her as a birthday present. I sent her the James C Brett color card online and she picked out the Marble Chunky color she liked, MC19.

gap2gap3

Because Melissa is petite, I decided that knitting the Gaptastic to 15” wide would be way too big on her, so I only knitted to 10” wide before casting off. This used up .69 of the skein. I knit this up on 9mm (circular) needles.

gap4gap5

I actually absolutely love this color and the 10” wide as well, that I think I am going to make one for myself, probably in the same color. I kind of want one in the purple (MC19) and the grey/black tonal one as well, MC11, shade card here).

This one was a really quick knit, in under a week. I am sure if I had a full weekend to myself I could have knit this one in one weekend, but with 3 kids, 2 of them in sports, that’s not an option!

Happy 40th Melissa!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! I love this pattern!

Taci simmons said...

Looks wonderful Robin. I have it selected on my ravelry library, but have never made one. I think I will try to make one for my daughter for Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration and happy birthday to your friend !!!

Teena in Toronto said...

Purple ... my fav colour!

g-girl said...

It looks great! :) I have yet to knit my own gaptastic..if you keep knitting them and showing them off, I just might cast on for one soon enough!